Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 02:45 PM

Default TT capped behind

Live 8-handed 30/60. UTG raises. She's seems pretty ABC and too loose (would probably be something like 28/8/0.8) but oddly has been raising almost all of her hands UTG and UTG+1. The table's tight enough where she has taken down the blinds most times and hasn't gotten to showdown. Folded to me and I 3-bet black TT on the button. SB folds and the BB, another ABC player (he's probably like 33/8/0.8) caps, we call. 3 players, 16.5 SBs.

Flop is 3s 5s 4h. BB bets, UTG folds, I call.

Turn is the Qc. BB bets and I insta-raise. How close is this between just calling to showdown and raising any non-A/K/2 turn card?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: TT capped behind

It sounds like the BB is straight-forward enough that you can fold to a 3-bet, so I think the raise is good. Sometimes I don't trust my judegements of this though. It's really bad when you raise with that plan and then decide to call down after a 3-bet anyway [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 08-04-2005, 04:00 PM

Couldn't an aggressive BB 3 bet a nut flush draw with 15 outs or AKo with 10 outs? I think raising it wrong here if you intent to fold to a 3 bet. Call.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live 8-handed 30/60. UTG raises. She's seems pretty ABC and too loose (would probably be something like 28/8/0.8) but oddly has been raising almost all of her hands UTG and UTG+1. The table's tight enough where she has taken down the blinds most times and hasn't gotten to showdown. Folded to me and I 3-bet black TT on the button. SB folds and the BB, another ABC player (he's probably like 33/8/0.8) caps, we call. 3 players, 16.5 SBs.

Flop is 3s 5s 4h. BB bets, UTG folds, I call.

Turn is the Qc. BB bets and I insta-raise. How close is this between just calling to showdown and raising any non-A/K/2 turn card?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if its right, but I raise this flop to gain information. If he checkraises me on the turn, I probably fold. With TT, the overcard risk is too great to go on call-down mode.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:23 PM

a 33/8/.8 often isnt aggressive enough to cap AK out of the BB. consider folding if you believe this to be the case.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a 33/8/.8 often isnt aggressive enough to cap AK out of the BB. consider folding if you believe this to be the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game was live and those numbers are a guess.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:47 PM

i'll go with raising the flop for information
Old 08-04-2005, 06:21 PM

no im aware that its live and that the numbers are a guess. i wouldnt advise folding TT here in an internet game, but many passive live players like the one you described do not cap AK out of the blinds. they have very big pairs.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:25 PM

So you would fold the turn?
Old 08-05-2005, 03:42 PM

"Couldn't an aggressive BB 3 bet a nut flush draw with 15 outs or AKo with 10 outs?"

He capped pre-flop into an UTG raiser and a 3-bet of that UTG raiser. And poster described him as "ABC." I would think there's no way at all that that type of player has a draw or no pair here.