Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 08:03 PM

Default QQ into a raise on flop

Villain is 18.2/7.58/1.88, not many hands, but he's probably not the average donk.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: QQ into a raise on flop

Unless you suspect he suspects you are stealing UTG, this looks like a pretty easy fold to me.

-Jaran
Old 12-08-2005, 08:16 PM

fold. He's tight and fairly aggressive. He didn't donk bet you, that c/r on the flop tells me either he isn't afraid you have Aces or your call told him you don't have aces and he thinks he has your pp beat.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:02 PM

If this is a fold on the turn, would it be a fold on the flop? We're drawing to fourish outs, which we can't cover.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:27 PM

Fairly standard flop fold, right? TAGs don't call too many EP raises then checkraise ace high flops with small hands. What is he doing this without an ace?

If we're going to see a turn, why fold on a 6? That's as big a blank as it gets.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:44 PM

It may be worth mentioning that coming from a TAG the flop may also be a semi-bluff with a flush draw. It would have to work just under half the time to be profitable, but if he sees us as TAG I he might consider it.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is a fold on the turn, would it be a fold on the flop? We're drawing to fourish outs, which we can't cover.

[/ QUOTE ]
And herein probably lies one of my biggest leaks. I think it should be a fold on the flop, but all too often on hands like this posted here, people comment that there's only x% chance that villain actually has the ace, we're likely ahead, and shouldn't fold to what might be a standard check/raise from someone who missed the flop, or who has a flush draw.

So I called. Then he bets again on the flop. Either he's still running his bluff, or he really does have the ace. If he had been a typical loose donk, it might have been worth calling, but he's something of a TAG, based on a small number of hands, so I folded. Just not worth it in a small pot.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:07 PM

I 3-bet the flop and consider folding to the cap--but I am very stupid.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:14 PM

I would either fold to the flop check/raise or look him up. If he has an ace, you don't have the required equity to call and look at a turn. Since you are laying odds to see a turn, you might as well call it down on the hopes that he is bluffing or semibluff or that you improve.

Now having said that, I don't know what I'd do here. He seems like the type that might be well versed in wa/wb and those are the ones that you should look up here. I would say that folding here is probably the best play and can't be too far from correct if it isn't.

Brad
Old 12-09-2005, 06:06 AM

I just re-read this post and am going to add something. If we call down, it will take us 2.5 BBs form the flop raise to the river. If we re-raise, however, what hands will people here cap on the flop? I'll cap any set, any two pair (maybe not A4). I also probably cap AK and maybe, diepending on my read, I will cap AQ. I will not cap a flush or straight draw. He will either call our 3-bet and we re-evaluate on the turn, or he will raise and we can fold (I don't like it) or we call and fold UI on the turn. If he calls the re-raise, it will most likely be checked to us on the turn where we can check through and see the river for free. Flame away.