Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Calling two back after limping

The consensus on 2+2 seems to be to always call one back after limping preflop. But what about two, or three? I tend to not call two back without a monster hand unless table conditions warrant. Here's one one of cases where I wonder if it's correct to call. There's a late poster, lots of money in the pot, QJs could make a monster, I'm getting about 5.5:1, and all these people probably don't have a hand, they're just along for the ride. Is there any standard line in these cases, or does it "just depend?"

First orbit and my HUD has never met any of these players before.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Hero ?

Also, in situations like this, after calling two back, very often some donk feels obligated to cap just for the hell of it, meaning the decision to call two may well require a commitment for three.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Calling two back after limping

I'd call. Fairly close though IMO.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:10 PM

id cap personally, its probably one of my bigger leaks at micros though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

i always just go 'implied odds implied odds!' when i see multiple people pumping the pot preflop and bloat with any drawing hand. gotta be in it to win it eh?

(yes i realise this is the worst post ive ever done, but its true)
Old 11-05-2005, 09:15 PM

I think you're getting just enough overlay from the other 3 limpers to call. 1 less caller and I'd fold.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, in situations like this, after calling two back, very often some donk feels obligated to cap just for the hell of it

[/ QUOTE ]

"some donk" ahaha thats me! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 09:22 PM

I'm leaning towards tossing it in the muck. If MP1 is known to stay in, then I might play it. We want the flop to hit us in a strong draw sort of way but don't want to be dominated, if the flop is something like Qxx. We will end up paying a lot more if we are stuck between two aggressive players.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:50 PM

Easy muck. At best you'll be 4-handed, which isn't that great for flush pumping on the flop. You're also likely dominated and will have REVERSE implied odds taking away all of your EV.