Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2005, 09:47 PM

Default annoying partyskins saga

need a lil advice if you please.

last december i opened a partypoker account thru an affilliate who is a friend of mine. i then opened an empire account thru the pokeredge affilliate to get PE for free, but then PE became illegal on partyskins so i stopped using empire and closed that account. i wanted to start a normal rakeback account with one of the Empire affilliates but i was told it wasn't possible if you've had an account with Empire before. so the next day i opened a Eurobet account to get rakeback on partyskins legitimately, but after a few days of playing have realized that Eurobet is awful for two reasons:

(1) they don't email you hand histories from the HH window. instead they send it to a lame "inbox" only available on their website. i like to have certain hands emailed to me while i'm playing so i can post them after playing. what's more, the HH they do send you is in a format that our beloved bisonconverter can't read.

(2) their cashier interface is awful. it's done via their website, and when you click the "cashier" window from eurobet's main window, it opens a page in IE where you must then click "cashier" again and only then does it show you how much you have. but wait, it doesn't give you a total amount that you have left. it tells you how much you have currently in play at the tables, and then how much you have left in reserve. it doesn't add these two numbers up as it does automatically on Party and Empire. the only way for me to know how i'm doing in a given multitabling, moving around all the time session, is for me to click that cashier button and quickly compare the final number to the number i wrote down at the beginning of the session. on Eurobet this is a pain in the ass. plus, the look of their tables hurts my eyes. waah waah.

i originally wanted to set up a rakeback account with my affilliate with Empire, but they told me i couldn't do it because Empire is very strict about not allowing someone to open a new account with an affilliate if they've had an account with someone else in the past, even if that account has since been closed.

what this means for me is in order to get rakeback playing on the partyskins, i am stuck with eurobet. am i being paranoid in thinking that i cannot open a new account with Empire sometime in the future? does it matter (probably not) how much time I wait before attempting to open a new account at Empire? if i do open a new account and put money in, but they catch you and close your account again, do they freeze up your funds, or push it back into your neteller account? is it advisable to open a new account but "modify" your personal details a bit so their detection software doesn't pick it up? is all that shady as hell? should i just look for another partyskin that doesn't have Eurobet's annoying interface issues? is there one? i haven't looked at the others.

save me from eurobet. thx for reading..
Old 07-30-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: annoying partyskins saga

Signup for Intertops or Multi.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:22 PM

Maybe this is a bit trite, but why do you need to be so concerned with how you are doing on a given night of multi-tabling? Why bother to ever look at the cashier if you aren't adding/subtracting funds or concerned that you don't have enough on the skin?

Yes, I too find Eurobet's cashier annoying. But, I rarely use it - just my monthly transaction of moving my rakeback $ over and then withdrawing excess funds.

(If you just HAVE to track how you are doing in a session, track in in PT. And while i'm on the subject, why are you emailing HH's? Why not just auto-import to your HD like everyone else?)

-Todd
Old 07-30-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is a bit trite, but why do you need to be so concerned with how you are doing on a given night of multi-tabling? Why bother to ever look at the cashier if you aren't adding/subtracting funds or concerned that you don't have enough on the skin?

[/ QUOTE ]

because i like to know how i'm doing in a given session. in a live game, you see your stack in front of you. online, when you're jumping around tables, you don't have that luxary. all you have is the amount you have in the account vs how much you started with. i'm not concerned with not having enough in my account, i'm only concerned with the current results of my session. when 3tabling, it can be surprising how up or down you are, as the swings tend to be greater.

[ QUOTE ]
(If you just HAVE to track how you are doing in a session, track in in PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much easier to do it directly from within the skins client. I don't always have PT running during a session. I was doing that when I was using PlayerView, but then I got into PokerEdge, but now I can't use that anymore so I may as well go back to PT with PV, but I hated it. Anyway, sometimes PT misses some hands. I'm not sure why, but my written results are occasionally more accurate than PT's results.

[ QUOTE ]
And while i'm on the subject, why are you emailing HH's? Why not just auto-import to your HD like everyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do do that. And I fire up PT when I'm done with the session and import everything in one shot. But I'm a Mac user, and I email and use the internet on my PowerBook, so I like to "flag" certain hands I've played by using the "previous hand" link on the table window and have it email me the HH to my Mac, so I have a list of the hands I want to post. It's my own quirky way, but like many of us I got used to my way and its luxary.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:51 AM

As for the hand histories - fair enough.

But really, I odn't think you should be so concerned with how you are doing in a given session. In the scheme of things, one stretch of 500 or 1,000 or whatever hands is totally irrelevant to your winrate - I don't see the point in obsessing over result-wise how you are doing at each minute of a session. (And as for swingy-ness while multi-tabling, I 8-table on eurobet).

I only say this because back when I was on party with my non-rakeback account, I'd constantly be checking my results and concerned with how I was doing at any given time. I gave that up when I switched to euro because it is such a pain in the ass, but what I've found is that it does wonders for me. I no longer care to check how I'm doing in a given session, and am perfectly content to simply play my game and quit when the time is right. I feel that this change has helped make me less results-oriented in the short term, which does wonders for me in session where things start off nasty.

Good luck.

-Todd