Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 04:59 PM

Default AQ no read.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

SB ($914.59)
BB ($84.17)
UTG ($256.40)
MP ($200)
CO ($472.85)
Hero ($204)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1. MP posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, CO calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $7, CO folds.

Flop: ($23) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $40</font>, Hero calls $25.

Turn: ($103) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $30</font>, Hero calls $30.

River: ($163) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $100</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $263

The river is an easy fold, its the flop and turn I'm concerned about here. On the flop I figured he might raise this draw heavy board with a weaker Q or strong draw, I call.

On the turn his bet smells very fishy, either he's got his draw or he's afraid his QT is no good, I call here, even if I can't get a cheap showdown I might bust his flush, straight or 66 with an overfull if I hit.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: AQ no read.

IŽd raise a bit more PF. And IŽd bet a bit more on turn. Otherwise, it looks good. I wouldnŽt call the river an easy fold, but the fold is prolly good.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:58 PM

No reads? Mp is new at table or just refilled. Is he capable of raising a flush draw into a pre-flop raiser? I think either he hit his set, or is making a play with a weaker Queen. Not a super easy lay down on the river. Very read dependent for me.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:58 PM

Bet more on the turn?
Old 10-22-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads? Mp is new at table or just refilled. Is he capable of raising a flush draw into a pre-flop raiser? I think either he hit his set, or is making a play with a weaker Queen. Not a super easy lay down on the river. Very read dependent for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he is maybe he isn't, my guess is that lots of 6max'ers will CR a wide range here.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he is maybe he isn't, my guess is that lots of 6max'ers will CR a wide range here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you said you had no reads, I guess that means you have no idea how he values hands, etc... 4 outs on the turn to hit an overboat, I don't know with how this hand played that I can for certain say villian has a set and will play this off. Regardless I don't mind the call as villian may even check river to us. The turn bet is just very odd after the flop raise, don't know exactely what to make of it. I think I'd play it the same though.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet more on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sry, on the flop.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:30 PM

Nice hand.

I think you played it well.. I think he's got TT, but I think you only really know that on the river. Flop I think he could do this with KQ, but on the river I'm pretty sure he has TT. Otherwise you would split.

I think you played it correctly on turn and river.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:58 PM

Is folding to the flop checkraise horribly weak tight? I'm having a hard time putting Villain on a hand here... if he has TT, does he really check when he posts his blind? If he has a set or two pair, why isn't he afraid of KJ or a flush? Is he really checkraising a flush draw OOP? This is very strange.