Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2003, 12:29 PM

Default Re: More likely to lose once you withdraw from a site?

This has to be the best conspiracy theory post I have seen to date. Come on Lorinda, we all know that nobody can win on poker sites! Rigged shuffles and bad beats dictate that you simply cannot increase your account balance this way. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Simon
Old 06-05-2003, 12:56 PM

I deposited $300 a couple of years ago at Paradise. I have never put any more money in the account

add a zero to your $300, and that is what i lost at paradise my first 6 months there. since then, i too have not had to make a single deposit. i cashout 3-4 times a month when i am actively playing, and have never experienced the curse.

the curse is something that has been beaten to death, but i understand that new players come through here and have not read the archives. i just wanted to add my comment, and tell you that if you use the "fold" button more than the "buy chips" button, you too will not be cursed anymore.

GL
Old 06-05-2003, 01:46 PM

Uh oh, you've stepped in it now. Lorinda Dingles and her band of Dingleberries don't want people like you hanging around here. You're doomed. If you can't say something nice about online poker, don't say anything. That's the rule, if you don't want the Dingleberries to attack, and believe me, there's nothing worse than being attacked by Dingleberries.

Tom D
Old 06-05-2003, 03:00 PM

Well, call me the newest "Dingle" then. Maybe the problem is the same one that I had. I started playing online just a couple of months ago with limited B&M experience. I deposited 50 bucks or so on a few different sites and set out to make my fortune...Phil, watch out here I come. After about 30 days and a number of re-deposits, I had come out on the short end of about $450. Not a lot of money thank God but enough to get my attention. I started reading the forums and books and studying my play as well as the play of others. Last week, I ventured forth and put in a deposit for under $100 to test the waters. I am concentrating on the lower limits and smaller buy in tourneys. My bankroll is not shrinking...as a matter of fact, I now have the confidence to go back to the ring games and get my buy ins back if I finish out of the money in a tourney.

Before someone screams "Off Topic" let me bring it back. I read these stories and just shake my head. Could it be that when you cash out, you are putting yourself in mindset of being better than you really are? By reducing your bankroll, you are also reducing the size of your comfort zone. Bad beats take a larger % and seem to hurt more. Plus, you might be pressing to increase the bankroll to what it was before you withdrew. Try moving down in limits to something more comfortable for your present bankroll. Take some pressure off. Just a thought from a Fish who is getting a few shark teeth to start growing.

Still a fish, reel me in.
Stage.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:11 PM

Before someone screams "Off Topic"

this has NEVER been screamed here.

perhaps one day, but we have not evolved to that point yet, and i fear we never will.
(thank god)

Old 06-05-2003, 10:51 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
and believe me, there's nothing worse than being attacked by Dingleberries.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somehow Tom,I get the impression you have vast experience with this situation. On the other hand most of us here feel you're the King of Dingleberries.Maybe you could organize a tournament too.Call it the Dingleberry King Monthly or something.Winner gets to be butt wiper of the month.And if you hold it at ProPoker you could take advantage of their great deposit bonuses and gather data to prove online poker is rigged at the same time.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:50 AM

Default While there is much merit to what you all say...

...I have to say the conspiracy theory is easier on the ego, and makes loads more sense. Until my medication kicks in, at least.

Thanks to all of you, especially Granny for the "fold" vs. "rebuy" analysis.

'hoof
Old 06-06-2003, 02:43 AM

Default Re: While there is much merit to what you all say...

Thanks to all of you, especially Granny for the "fold" vs. "rebuy" analysis.

i'm here to serve, my pleasure