Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2005, 06:25 PM

Default $250 buy-in tournament: Do you see it coming?

Early in $250 buy-in tournament. I'm table low-stack with 2200 chips, average tablestack is 3000, table big-stack (and tourmanemt chipleader) is 9200. I've recently been playing AK and AQ aggressivly preflop, but been forced to lay down both hands postflop. All players seem solid, table has been a tad bit loose.

Blinds are 25/50, I'm BB and pick up

8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone folds except UTG+2, button and SB who all calls. I check. Pot is $100, four players see the flop:

7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round check. Turn is:

K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I try a steal with my weak K and bet $100 for the pot. MP and button both flat calls. SB folds. I'm preparing to check and fold to any bet. Pot is $400, three players see the river:

8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I decide my top and middle pair is good, and check with the intent to checkraise. MP bets $200 for half the pot, button thinks for second and raise $475. I reraise $1000, half my stack. The MP folds, button thinks for another second before putting me all-in.

I fold I'm left with $1080. It's 14 minutes left of the 25/50 blinds-periode.

What would you do? But for the real question: What hand range do you put the button on? And why?

D.