Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Small Stakes Hold \'em for tournaments

I would like a book on how to play against loose players and SSHE seems like that kind of book. However, I was wondering if its a good book for No Limit Hold 'em?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Small Stakes Hold \'em for tournaments

[ QUOTE ]
I would like a book on how to play against loose players and SSHE seems like that kind of book. However, I was wondering if its a good book for No Limit Hold 'em?

[/ QUOTE ]

SSHE is dedicated towards limit cash games.

Oh, I see it's your first post, so welcome to the forums.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:57 AM

No not really, but then again looseness in NL holdem is a far more dangerous thing, so it is not that common. Yes sometimes many will limp preflop, they will not stay on.

Why ?? Because you need pot odds of 1 to 4 or similar to stay in with a flush or straight draw, something which is not an issue in loose limitpoker, but when somebody bets the pot in NL, you are effective cutoff from chasing

And with these words I will just add get Harrington on hold'em vol.1 to teach you a solid NL hold'em game that works fine in cashgames

And if you plan to also compete in tourney, then Harrington on hold'em vol. 2 is also a must.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the responces. I would like to say that I have been viewing this message board for awhile, but just never posted, and I have read Harrington 1 and 2. I never thought about getting SSHE since it was for limit cash games, but didnt know if anything in that book would be usefull for NL Tournaments. Thanks for the help.