Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Plasma TV\'s, Extended Warranties, and such

Hey guys,

I just bought a 42' Panasonic Plasma TV. Model TH42PD50. Awesome.

I bought it from Future Shop (I'm not sure if this chain exists in the US, but basically it's sister company to Best Buy).

Anyway, the salesguy smooth-talked me into buying the extended warranty (as because I did, he dropped the overall price). Didn't seem like too bad of a deal at the time. However, now that I've thought about it, I don't feel I need it, and plus it's way overpriced.

However, I've talked with a couple people and I've done my own research on the subject of extended warranties - namely those offered by the likes of Futureshop and Best Buy, and I'm most likely going to return the warranty. (I've already confirmed that I can do this within 30 days).

Before I return the warranty, though, does anyone have any suggestions for or against doing so? (I should mention that this particular plasma is of the 'newer' technology which is supposed to have a greater half-life.)

Thanks,

Adam

As an aside: do any of you know any problems regarding playing video games (xbox) on plasma tv's - so long as you don't leave a game on pause for any length of time....?