Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: 10/20 stars deep

Have no experience of this game but I am pretty sure he would have you beat here. There is a decent chance he has AK of course which is the only reason I could find a call in this spot but I dont feel your odds are anywhere good enough to call. Overpairs are unlikely I feel as they would have bet the turn, as would AQ but you could well be shown clubs or a house on a call. Infact the more I think about it I am swaying slightly more towards the call as I cannot see overpairs, AQ, or mid pairs being played this way.

HOWEVER - It is true that when you check the river he can be fairly certain you were not drawing and probably have some sort of hand to be calling with out of position on the flop, so a bluff by a missed AK would be a -ev move as it would be called more often than not given you obviously have a hand, so I say fold as he surely has you beat

Jez

Hi zeebo btw it was me you were playing on UB 1/2 HU the other night as TeamRazor (low stakes player that I am [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )
Old 10-14-2005, 02:05 AM

Oh yeah and I dont mind to sound stupid but...

Why would you call a reraise with KQ OOP from a TAG?

Jez
Old 10-14-2005, 02:13 AM

TAG didnt reraise, a LAG did, and in the stars 10/20 game w/ those stacks, every1 is quite LAG- i just mean he was quite a bit tighter than most. I think that his range is something like:

flush: 50%
AA/kk/AQ: 10%
kq/lowr Q: 2%
bluff: 35%
fullhouse/quads: 3%

w/ those numbers a call is quite profitable...
Old 10-14-2005, 02:16 AM

Jkratzer: im looking for what you think the best line is here. I know what i think it is- but I'm curious to see how many people on here agree w/ me.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:21 AM

Ok I agree there is a big enough chance that he is bluffing here to ponder a call but I feel the fact he knows you are probably leaning towards a call makes his chances of bluffing less than 35%, I would be interested to know why you rate them significantly higher than me (the sort of thing I need to learn) and what the actual results were.

Jez
Old 10-14-2005, 02:23 AM

Reread his range...
Old 10-14-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TAG didnt reraise, a LAG did, and in the stars 10/20 game w/ those stacks, every1 is quite LAG- i just mean he was quite a bit tighter than most. I think that his range is something like:

flush: 50%
AA/kk/AQ: 10%
kq/lowr Q: 2%
bluff: 35%
fullhouse/quads: 3%

w/ those numbers a call is quite profitable...

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread seems absolutely pointless to me. I mean you seem to have his range figured almost perfectly, and it isn't possible for any of us to have better information on that. You have said now that you think your line is best. So exactly what do you want to discuss? A few people (including at least one very well respected poster) have given you some thoughts on the hand, and you just complain.

If you want someone to critique/offer insight on your line and reasoning, you're going to have to tell us wtf it was!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:46 AM

That range is just a guess... and is nowhere near perfect, it is just a hint at why i playd the hand the way i did. reread the previous posts again and see what you think the best line is. I think this hand is more complex than you realize. I shouldn't need to offer insight onto my reasoning/line because IMO any competent person should w/ a few minutes thought be able to figure out why i did what i did. This is my last post in this thread until i post the results, please dont post just to say the way its worded or w/e annoys you. Simply i want to know what the best line is and why. I know what i think it was and i just want to see if others agree.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:25 AM

You want to raise and blow him off his flush b/c you both have deep stacks?

or are you thinking why would he value bet this river and offer you the opportunity to take the pot away from him since he doesn't have a boat or quads.

Raise to 4000 and he folds
Old 10-14-2005, 06:03 AM

Disclaimer: Highest I play is 5/10.

Forgive my ignorance but why are we ruling out QQ here?

if he held QQ, smooth call the $200 pf.
Bets about 2/3 pot with flush draw on flop after being checked to with top set. He wants action.
He assumes you called on flop with the flush draw.
Turn gives him the 2nd nuts, so he checks behind to let you hit your flush draw so you pay him off on the river.