Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Semi-Deep JJ Top Set

This is pretty marginal between the two forums, and I feel like making the first marginal MSNL thread. Xorbie, feel free to move it if you want, but please chime in if you're going to do so =).

Reads: Villian is pretty solid. He is 45/15, but he has been playing well postflop and consistantly gets the money in with the best of it. I've been at the table with him for atleast two hours, and this is the first preflop re-raise he has made. I instantly put him on AA/KK/QQ and AK.

What is bizarre about him is that he underbets a lot. He will bet the flop small like this with any of the holdings I put him on. But when the money really goes into the pot, he has a big hand. The big pots he has played, he has been the aggressor.

Stars NL100 6-Max 6-Handed

BB ($256.15)
Hero ($207.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $8</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($17) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, BB calls $12.

Turn: ($53) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, BB calls $40.

River: ($133) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $90</font>...

1) Should I play this faster? Should I go pot/pot/push?
2) As played on the flop/turn, a river push would have been about the size of the pot. Should I have pushed the river?
3) How do you play the river if another diamond falls? Do you make a thin value bet? How much do you call if he bets into you?
4) Given my read, does anyone NOT go broke if he has AdKd and check/raises the turn all-in?