Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: can I fold please?

[ QUOTE ]
(though consider you have decent counterfeiting outs against two pair.)

[/ QUOTE ]

i think we're behind either a set of a straight a lot more often than 2-pair here.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:56 AM

I think assuming you can counterfeit here loses money long term. I would 3 bet the flop and if it's capped, you can safely fold the turn if anything other than an A falls. (or a H if you have the Ah)
Old 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM

Thanks for confirming the no-brainer fold. I just need be 100% sure I'm doing the right thing in these common situations.

I agree the flop raise has big merits for the reasons given, however SSH has a chapter regarding waiting for the turn to raise. Do you not think think this could be one of those cases?
It looks like there could be a flush and straight drawing, so there are ~15 outs that can really hurt us. Our equity would be a lot bigger if we wait for the turn and a safe card hits wouldn't it?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:42 AM

The waiting for the turn line requires several things. First, big pot. You have this. Second, your raise cannot protect your hand very well. You more or less have this. Third, a significant portion of the deck can destroy the strength of your holding on the turn. Now , the board is coordinated. But you have the highest possible pair, from which no overcards can come. You are not vulnerable to half the deck.

So, I say value re-raise the flop. Other than that, nh.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The waiting for the turn line requires several things. First, big pot. You have this. Second, your raise cannot protect your hand very well. You more or less have this. Third, a significant portion of the deck can destroy the strength of your holding on the turn. Now , the board is coordinated. But you have the highest possible pair, from which no overcards can come. You are not vulnerable to half the deck.

So, I say value re-raise the flop. Other than that, nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger that. My understanding of poker improves with each hand I post [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] thanks!
Old 10-05-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you have the highest possible pair, from which no overcards can come.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too thrilled about: any heart, K, 8, J, or T. (Well, I might have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Then a heart wouldn't be so bad.)