Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Bottom set overbet 200NL

the pf raiser in the hand is donktastic (called me all the way down with 2 4 off and spiked a 2 on river for two pair...yea THAT donktastic) i call his raise with great implied odds. last night he compained about how i always raised when he was in the hand. he remembers me. no reads on other villain except he plays to many hands, likely a fish.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($200.80)
MP ($198.83)
Button ($223.80)
SB ($155.56)
BB ($211.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls $2, [color=#CC3333]MP raises to $6</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $5, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4.

donk villain in hand openraises all the time but anything more than a min-raise is a real hand. pp, ak, aq, etc.

Flop: ($20) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]MP bets $20</font>, SB calls $149.56 (All-In), Hero???

no sense in leading here....my main target would much rather be the one holding the reigns than calling large bets from me....he has "adjusted" his play to me and now thinks i have a monster everytime i bet...he is calling out my hands in the chat (he's never right. when he bets the flop hard i am counting his stack. we are getting it in on the turn. then BAM wtf. all in from unknown. does he really have 45? higher set? why would he play it that way.....
Old 11-29-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Bottom set overbet 200NL

hmm my you say they are fishy/donktastic so anything is possible

I have learned from experience that these kinds of players will do the weirdest things - I have seen people play so passively as to check down the nuts all the way to end and seen them play so agressively as to push all in (100ish BB) when flopping quads (vs. my full boat of course)

The real question is how OFTEN can he have top sets or straight

2 chances for 33
2 chances for 66
?? chances for 45?

He could also do that with any two pair or, hell even a pair and a 4 for straight draw

This is very tough laydown

You're either big favorite, big dog, or not so bad (if he has straight and you got to fill up).

I probably am calling this - not sure how often it wins or loses though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 02:29 AM

please call
Old 11-29-2005, 02:46 AM

i thought for a few seconds trying to rationalize sb's play...i came to the conclusion that he wanted a fold and i only have 100bb so the never folding a set rule came into play. i called. donkinator thought and complained about the "big" laydown he was making with 88 and how he would have called had i not called. sb had 55 for gutshot and overair...i dodge his outs and MHIG.