Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 11:49 PM

Default river action???200NL

villain in the hand has ~100 i have him covered and he is a donk. no specific read other than he overvalues hands and just sucks at poker. i have been playing agressive taking down a lot of pots but nothing out of line. 6 max i get QQ make it 7 to go.
four callers.

flop

9 2 9 rainbow pot ~30
i bet 25, BB smooth calls

turn j
BB checks, i check

river 3 pot ~80
villain checks and has about a pot bet left hero action?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: river action???200NL

You check behind. Very slim chance he has a jack becuase he would have bet out on the turn thinking he's good. So youll either stick the chips in and get called by a better hand or folded to by a worse hand. I really cant see a hand hear that doesn't have you beat if he calls your all in. Check behind and take it down.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:48 AM

Really helps to pay attention to his tendencies. I'd value bet river as much as I think he will call.

Also consider check flop, bet turn and river.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:17 PM

since we went four ways to the flop i bet to protect my hand. HU i am checking here sometimes b/c this is about as dry a board as u can hope for but i feel like i need to protect it four ways.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:21 PM

Missed the four callers part.

Still value bet the river. I'm assuming he is the type of fish to call with nothing on this flop. Also assuming he isn't too tricky.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:26 PM

well, i know this wasnt the most interesting post and checking behind is the easy move (maybe correct?) . only interesting part was villains river check imo. when he called flop i was done w/o improving. my read on villain was donk, and flop smooth call is exactly how a donk plays a 9 or 22, (plus the rhythm in which he called) of course i check turn, no sense in betting really. river, i had decided i was folding to anything half pot or better. i thought any bet from villain was value. when he checks i thought/brainfarted he may have medium pp or possibly paired the J so I moved all in hoping to represent missed overs. the problem is any reasonable bet less than pot (villain had about pot left) and i cant see a fold checkraise, and if he will call 50 with a hand i beat he will call the pot. just not sure if i get called enough here to make this profitable. FWIW villain had 22, but how often is he checking twice when oop? that is what i am not sure about.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:36 PM

Put him all in on the river. He will call you with all kinds of worse hands like 77 etc.

If he had a 9 or a 2, I suspect he would lead out on the river after failing to checkraise the turn.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, i know this wasnt the most interesting post and checking behind is the easy move (maybe correct?) . only interesting part was villains river check imo. when he called flop i was done w/o improving. my read on villain was donk, and flop smooth call is exactly how a donk plays a 9 or 22, (plus the rhythm in which he called) of course i check turn, no sense in betting really. river, i had decided i was folding to anything half pot or better. i thought any bet from villain was value. when he checks i thought/brainfarted he may have medium pp or possibly paired the J so I moved all in hoping to represent missed overs. the problem is any reasonable bet less than pot (villain had about pot left) and i cant see a fold checkraise, and if he will call 50 with a hand i beat he will call the pot. just not sure if i get called enough here to make this profitable. FWIW villain had 22, but how often is he checking twice when oop? that is what i am not sure about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deciding youre done with the hand without improvement with that flop against a bad player is horrible. This is a beautiful flop for QQ. It doenst get much better without flopping a set. I put him all in on the turn every time.

This is 6 max. You will get called by any pocket pair. Checking that turn or river is losing a HUGE amount of value.