Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: 50/100 Bottom Set, Unraised Pot

Hi Bruiser,

Why no pf raise? I think there are some good reasons to limp (though I nearly always raise in that spot), but I'd like to hear yours.

I like the flop play. On the turn, it's hard to say what he has, since the drawless board makes a 1/2 pot bet fine with any strength hand. I think he has either a King or 2 pair that's a little worried. I think 77 tends to just call on the flop, but who really knows without knowing the player/game dynamics? Also, would he ever overlimp with AA after your limp? This would be a very strange play, unless the blinds had a penchant for trying to steal in these spots. What I'm saying is that his hand looks good, but slightly weaker than a set, on the flop. I'm torn between betting out 3000 and c/r'ing on the river. 3000 looks weird, and probably doesn't slow down a set, but it also seems like that river card is not a good one for a flopped 2 pair (so he might check behind). Then again, KQ is reasonable for him to have here, and that hand will probably bet the river.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:18 PM

why does no one think he could limp on the button with K7s.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:34 PM

Checkraise the turn.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that checkraising the turn is virtually pointless. I can't see one hand that he could have that will stick in a bunch of money on the turn that Bruiser is beating. He virtually can't have AK, Kx will fold to the c/r, and 77 will just get all the money in. K7s is the only possible hand that c/r turn makes sense. Would you care to elaborate on this in case I'm missing something here?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lead river for 4000... he either has two pair or 777 but 2 pair is more likely... or he hasone pair, and then i don't think he pays. i dont think i'm getting away if he raises all in though, given how aggro this game typically is.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
if u lead for 2/3pot no way in hell KQ raises. KQ makes a crying call. are you crazy????

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe KQ can't raise here, why would you call if button raises all-in? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Doesn't this mean you think button must have his set?
Old 09-25-2005, 09:04 PM

because i'm a fish... i also didn't see stack sizes and i assumed 100 BB's but now looking at them i think if he pushes you can fold.... but only when you bet a sizeable chunk on the river, like 2/3, that way he can't value raise 2 pair. he can't have a missed draw here, unless he's a crazy mofo with 45, lol, so if he pushes after a 2/3 pot bet on riv i think you can fold.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:09 PM

A3, A7, K3, K7. Suspicious decent Ace might call one time if you checkraise medium. Flush draw can call as well.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:20 PM

Interesting that he'd limp after you on the button. what is his range here?

that turn has gotta be a lead or a c'r. if he straight moves in on the turn thats a little easier than trying tod ecide between maximizing value and saving money if behind.

my question is why do you fear the bigger set so much? wouldn't he at least raise AA/KK/QQ to 350 or so?

and wouldn't he be more likely to limp w/ KQ/AQ/AK/77 some of the time here?

the main problem here is if he does have the latter he calls and the former he puts you in (except 77, which raises as well)

tough spot but id like to see another 3 or 4k in the pot somewhere, your call where.

Barron
Old 09-25-2005, 09:26 PM

How often is a tricky aggressive but not loose player playing AXo or AXs like that on the button and not raising in the situation?

My guess is he folds or raises most AXo's and limps or raises
w/AXs.

That and the flop play seems less likely for those hands. (Not completely unlikely but definitely less likely)
Old 09-25-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

my question is why do you fear the bigger set so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

What on earth makes you think he's afraid of a bigger set? Of course Bruiser thinks he is ahead.