Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Talk me out of buying this vehicle...

There's 4 days left on the auction. It will be no where near $25k.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody please give me a good reason not to spring for this 2002 Cadillac Escalade. IT BELONGED TO JEROME BETTIS FOR CHRISSAKES!!! You have to click the link, this vehicle is unbelievable.

Here's some background on me:

I'm 18 years old, I live in Connecticut, and I'm attending Boston College in September.

I have 20K total in the bank + on PartyPoker, nearly all of which has come from playing SNGs (I have no job). I could scrape together another couple G's in less than 5 days by selling off my football and basketball card collections. Money-wise, I'm not THAT far off from buying this car.

I currently 14-table the $55 SNGs. If need be, I believe I could borrow the remaining 10K or 15K that will be required to win this auction (this comparable customized Escalade went for 36K). My grandmother is very rich, and I am extremely confident that I could repay a loan from her in a month or two max. I have no intention of mooching off anyone to buy this car.

Insurance, gas, title & registration fees - all of these would take care of themselves if I could just buy myself some time. I am willing to play 2,000-3,000 SNGs this month (and 1,500 a month while I'm in college) to ensure that I repay all my loans by October 1st at the latest.

Somebody talk me out of this outrageous plan!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you buy that vehicle.... I'm gonna SIIYP. Did that work.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody please give me a good reason not to spring for this 2002 Cadillac Escalade. IT BELONGED TO JEROME BETTIS FOR CHRISSAKES!!! You have to click the link, this vehicle is unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let anyone talk you out of buying this car. It's a steal at twice the price.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:54 PM

In addition to all the other points (it looks ridiculous, it'll make you look like the biggest wangster and so on) do you really want a car with all that custom work? Yeah, I'm sure it cost lots of money to get the lambo. doors installed and the spinners and so on, but all these things will end up breaking eventually, causing you to spend equally large sums of money fixing them. If you have a stock Escalade you will pay a healthy chunk of change for the dealer to fix a door or a wheel or something, but with these custom jobs it will cost many times as much. On top of that you'll have to worry about someone stealing your nice 24 inch rims, breaking into your truck to steal the stereo and so on. Not a smart car to buy unless you have an NFL player type income where all the upkeep won't break you financially.

Swede
Old 08-04-2005, 01:57 PM

What the [censored] is Jerome doing with the factory stereo?

This car sucks.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:00 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
You need to be convinced not to blow your entire bank acct. and poker roll on a tricked out car you don't even come close to needing? Are you serious?

Also:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Insurance, gas, title &amp; registration fees - all of these would take care of themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what's the plan here? You're talking about thousands more a year. Insurance for someone your age? Rising gas prices? The volume of gas necessary to keep that behemoth running? This adds up to a lot more than I think you realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

And to think I once questioned Diablo's post about how young people making tons of money on poker have gone broke.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:04 PM

This is really dumb. You're getting ready to go to college, and you want to spend $25K+ on a [censored] car?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-04-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is always volkswagen's Suv

Whoever said this has to be a women. I like escalades, I would buy an escalade if I had room to park it. This one is disgusting looking though. The decals, tailights, the color is just gross IMO. BUT thats the point its MY OPINION. Fukc the rest of the morons in this thread, get what you want, and be happy that you did. As for anyone who is suggesting he gets an audi, or a volkswagen, or an acura (besides the NSX) or some other 30-something car, you are being silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make me laugh. You are the same morons we see driving these white trash specials. TO the comment about rich people buying these, come on now seriously rich people drive range rovers, bmw, mercedes, aston etc.. etc.. People who drive Caddies are simply poor people trying to look cool. THese are the same people that drive Harley's, Corvettes Trans am's etc.. Once again you can't teach class!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, lots of poor people drive Corvettes. A $50,000 vehicle is clearly something only poor people drive, trying to look cool.

Swede
Old 08-04-2005, 02:28 PM

Buy it. Now.