Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 03:37 AM

Default My first HH post - 55 on the bubble

Well since I'm on Eurobet there's no HH but the situation is simple enough.

Blinds 50-100, I've got 900 chips UTG, button has 780 and blinds have big stacks of about 5000+ and 3000+.

I have KQs. What's my play?
Old 09-04-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: My first HH post - 55 on the bubble

I don't think you have any other option but to push. Absolutely no room to raise, you have button covered, and plenty strong enough to take on the blind's random holdings. No shame in going down with this hand - much better IMO than mucking, hoping to outlast button. Considering this scenerio, you might just get a tad more credit from the blinds here as well.

Edit: Button also has the "luxury" of having both big stacks as his blinds. He'll likely benifit from a loose call when he does find a hand. I'd be looking to beat him to the punch, with a fine hand like this.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:45 AM

What are you talking about Eurobet having no hand histories? It writes them to my hard drive without fail!

Anyway, push the KQ, you can't just wait.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:04 AM

slightly +EV to push, very close(according to power tools). i'd push it.

i have no problem with my eurobet HH's either. they all go straight to my hard drive.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:08 AM

Oh yeah they're on my hard drive, sry I'm a bit zombie-like right now.

Thx for the comments, I was pretty sure I did the right thing but I just wanted to be sure.

Please have look at my 2'nd HH post, I think that one's a little more interesting.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:17 AM

Are you gonna tell us what happened, or leave us in suspense? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Results

Folded to BB who called with AQs and won the hand.

Question, how few chips would button have to have to make folding the correct play? I'm thinking maybe 550-600?
Old 09-04-2005, 05:27 AM

I don't know what these guys are talking about. SGA shows this as a fold. I guess the difference is the opinion on calling ranges. I take it the blinds are both behemoths. If that's the case, they are likely pretty laggy, and their calling ranges are wider than normal. I would think that button's range is pretty narrow.

That being said, I think the blinds calling range is pretty Loose by SGA standards. That makes this a -$EV play.

Just as an aside, the equity transfer is just not that great if the big blinds keep accumulating chips. All you care about is your stack relative to the buttons.

FWIW, I would definately fold here with these puny blinds. If the blinds were higher, I think a push is more of a consideration.

Scuba
Old 09-04-2005, 05:33 AM

if u put them on a loose range its -ev, if u put them on an average range its very slightly +.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:35 AM

Hey Scuba donk question for you, WTF is SGA. Any relation to ICM?

I'm surprised to see a dissenting opinion here but am glad to hear another point of view.

My thoughts at the time were as follows:
I either fold or push, raising is ridiculous. My hand is good enough to push, the only thing in favor of folding is that I have more chips than button, we're on the bubble etc. I figured however that my lead over him was too small to hope to fold into the money especially considering the blinds come to me first therefore making folding extremely wimpy. The more I think about it the more convinced I am that I made the right play.