Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Please Review This Hand

Villian is Tight/Aggressive. I purposely slowplayed the set. I really don't know if this was an error. He had AA with 2 pair on the turn and I doubt he would have released if I'd been more aggressive on the flop. Did I actually save $$ by slowplaying? His lack of aggression on the turn made me think he was on a Ax draw or middle pair.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, CO folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 08-27-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Please Review This Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Did I actually save $$ by slowplaying?

[/ QUOTE ]

your logic is flawed. on the flop you have about a 90% chance of winning this hand, so looking at the hand from the perspective of the other 10% doesn't make much sense, does it? I think a lot of times you're going to get a lot of bets in on the flop, with this many people seeing the flop I think you need to betting and raising more.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your logic is flawed. on the flop you have about a 90% chance of winning this hand, so looking at the hand from the perspective of the other 10% doesn't make much sense, does it? I think a lot of times you're going to get a lot of bets in on the flop, with this many people seeing the flop I think you need to betting and raising more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how you figure I'd get a lot of bets in on the flop since everyone else folded to the buttons bet. As I stated I was intentionally slowplaying the set to get the button to bet out. I wasn't interested in having him fold to one bet on the flop.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:45 PM

Well, he's either drawing dead on the flop or he isn't folding at all. AA-77 never fold there and they are the only hands with outs against you.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont really agree... On a flop like this, you want as many people seeing the turn as possible. There is practically no draw on the board, so you've got everyone drawing close to dead.

If, say, CO called behind you on the flop... I would probably donk the turn and hope for a raise.

But since CO did fold I think it was played fine. I would still donk the turn if the button was aggressive.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, he's either drawing dead on the flop or he isn't folding at all. AA-77 never fold there and they are the only hands with outs against you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't expecting him to fold if I bet out. But I was concerned that the other 2 players would fold top my bet. I wanted the Button to bet and I was hoping the other 2 passive players would just call along. That's one of the reasons I didn't raise the flop bet. However when I raised the turn and he didn't reraise I was pretty sure I was way ahead with my boat. I just never put him on AA.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:48 PM

well played
Old 08-27-2005, 08:39 PM

I would donk the turn. Missed overcards may check behind and a pocketpair will always raise this, so you can 3-bet.
The turn brings the 2nd 3 plus a flush draw, a donkbet is asking for a raise.