Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2003, 05:47 AM

Default Thread on UltimateBet

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful responses to the person claiming the props at Ultimatebet cheat. First of all, it is absurd to think that UB's host manager would fire someone for three-betting her. I have three bet her many times myself and I invite you all to do the same lol.

As for UB props being encouraged to cheat--of course this is absolutely absurd. UB does not tolerate cheating of any kind and if anyone has specific names or hand numbers to provide UB with proof any players caught cheating will be barred immediately--this has always been UB's policy and it is the way players have always been dealt with when cheating has been discovered in the past.

If the original poster were to provide specific names or hand numbers I would be happy to look into his allegations personally. But he seems unwilling to do that and, instead, chooses to slander UltimateBet with vague, unsubstantiated allegations.

I can assure everyone here that if anyone ever, I mean, ever has a question please write down hand numbers and player names and send them both to memberservices@ultimate.com and to me personally at fluffhead@lvcm.com. I promise you I will look into the matter personally.

The bottom line is I don't tolerate cheating and neither does UB. UB welcomes input on this matter always--but also always needs specific hands to proove that something untorward has taken place.

Again, thank you all for your incredibly reasonable respinses to the original poster. UB appreciates how rational the posters here are in general :-)

Annie Duke
Old 02-18-2003, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Thread on UltimateBet

At the end of the day the person making the accusation needs to either give names or give it up. What surprised me was that they said the props were cheating, and many of these were friends of theirs.

So it is not okay for Ultimate Bet to condone cheating, but fine for his/her friends to cheat - that is the way I interpreted it anyway.

Simon
Old 02-18-2003, 12:09 PM

Annie,

Does UB host manager have access to players's hand histories (including hole cards)?

Do you have access to hand histories?

I hope that the answer to both questions is NO, because otherwise you both shouldn't be playing real money games there.

Old 02-18-2003, 04:51 PM

Hi Annie,

Most of us here are alert enough to dismissing these unsubstantiated slurs against UB.

Any news on the improvements planned for tournys such as hand for hand or time clocks near the *money*?

Are rebuy tournies going to be run for the UPCII in aruba?
Old 02-18-2003, 05:39 PM

Neither I nor the host manager has access to hand histories in any way more than a regular player has access. That means I cannot see people's hole cards and I can;t just write in and randomly request a hand history with the cards face up. But, if there is cheating suspected, I can make sure support looks at the hands and players very carefully and runs by me what they think is going on. I can give it my personal attention. This is what I meant :-)

Annie Duke
Old 02-18-2003, 06:19 PM

Hey--

We are currently revamping our all-in policy and we are tossing around the addition of a time clock. What the all-in policy will end up ebing I cannot say as the higher ups there want to put a survey out the the players before deciding :-P I have put in a string vote for no all-ins myself :-)

Yes! The UPCII will have rebuys--but not until april :-( A programming thing :-(

Annie Duke
Old 02-19-2003, 08:38 AM

More time to accumulate Aruba Chips then [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]