Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Settle an arguement I am having with Rojosox

We were in Vegas last Sunday through Tuesday, and had the opportunity to play in a live $100 buy in 8 table tourney. Payout structure was as follows: Paid 7 spots, with $2400 to winner, $1450 to second, and $850 for third. I know this is a single table forum, but I post here, and this is a single table situation.
I am going to try to recreate the hand best I can, but I was drinking crown and sevens, and I could be off on the numbers a little.
No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3200(3 handed)

Button (t11,500)
HERO (t10,250)
BB(t3300)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ah,8c
Button (who has not pushed once to this point) Pushes all in.
Hero?
Old 05-04-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Seattle an arguement I am having with Rojosox

[ QUOTE ]
We were in Vegas last Sunday through Tuesday, and had the opportunity to play in a live $100 buy in 8 table tourney. Payout structure was as follows: Paid 7 spots, with $2400 to winner, $1450 to second, and $850 for third. I know this is a single table forum, but I post here, and this is a single table situation.
I am going to try to recreate the hand best I can, but I was drinking crown and sevens, and I could be off on the numbers a little.
No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3200(2 handed)

Button (t11,500)
HERO (t10,250)
BB(t3300)

BB (who has not pushed once to this point) Pushes all in.
Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that the BB acted out of turn? Or did you mean the button? Or did you drink one too many crown and sevens...
Old 05-04-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Button (t11,500)
HERO (t10,250)
BB(t3300)

Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that the BB acted out of turn? Or did you mean the button? Or did you drink one too many crown and sevens...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's dillusional. He must still be drunk. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Button (t11,500)
HERO (t10,250)
BB(t3300)

Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, still a little slow from Vegas...
Old 05-04-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Settle an arguement I am having with Rojosox

Are you saying that the BB has 100 chips after posting? If that's the case, I fold.

If not, I probably still fold.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:49 PM

I dunno man, with the blinds this high I think I'm going all in with any ace. If it WAS the short stack that went all in this has to be a call but if you're talking about the other 11k chipstack then this is a fold. There's no need to risk this because you can wait for another hand that's better than this especially since shortie is going to bust next blind. Be more afraid and call this push if hte shortie doubles up first.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:53 PM

He has to call BECAUSE blinds are 1600/3200!!!! And guess what they're moving to 3200/6400 in like 5 minutes do to the stupidity of blind structure. This guy who went all-in was involved in a 4 way preflop all-in earlier with KQs vs AA vs QQ vs 83 (who made trips), and hit his flush. He didn't strike me as a bright player. Anyhow, with blinds being 1/3 to 1/2 your stack, i definitely call here. Feel free to express your opinion.

-Jared
Old 05-04-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has to call BECAUSE blinds are 1600/3200!!!! And guess what they're moving to 3200/6400 in like 5 minutes do to the stupidity of blind structure. This guy who went all-in was involved in a 4 way preflop all-in earlier with KQs vs AA vs QQ vs 83 (who made trips), and hit his flush. He didn't strike me as a bright player. Anyhow, with blinds being 1/3 to 1/2 your stack, i definitely call here. Feel free to express your opinion.

-Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn't the BB committed to the hand with his 3300 chips? If he sees both players all-in in front, he's going to fold to try and sneak into 3rd. He's going to call for sure (I would hope), so why not lay it down and hopefully wrap up 2nd? If Hero had AT+ I'd call in a flash. I think A8 is a little borderline.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:58 PM

A8 3 handed is better than average hand by far, no?
Old 05-04-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A8 3 handed is better than average hand by far, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya but can we get the actual hand straight with correct blind posting and who actually pushed? This makes a difference.