Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: taxes

true. I live in WA and there is no state income tax, so I naturally miss that kind of thing.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:01 PM

Can't you just have Neteller send you several checks and cash it at a check clearing place instead. They don't report to the IRS do they?
Old 07-19-2005, 08:48 PM

Are you asking if this is a good way to evade paying taxes?
Old 07-19-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't you just have Neteller send you several checks and cash it at a check clearing place instead. They don't report to the IRS do they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Al Capone didn't go to prison for his illegal activities, he went for failure to pay taxes on the money he made doing them.

If you are at all serious about continuing to play & cash online, whether full-time. part-time, etc., I very strongly suggest you meet with a CPA soon to make sure you are reporting your earnings correctly. The taxes you incur now will seem minimal compared to the fines & penalties you will face later.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:29 PM

I'm asking what the best way to evade taxes is, for my friend of course.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:43 PM

seems like this would be extremely unlikely to happen in the given situation. i hope the irs has something better to do than audit random teens that have made next to nothing from working their entire lives...
Old 07-20-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Al Capone didn't go to prison for his illegal activities, he went for failure to pay taxes on the money he made doing them.

If you are at all serious about continuing to play & cash online, whether full-time. part-time, etc., I very strongly suggest you meet with a CPA soon to make sure you are reporting your earnings correctly. The taxes you incur now will seem minimal compared to the fines & penalties you will face later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Al Capone was not an intenet poker player making 1200 a month. He was the leader of a huge organized crime operation that commited multiple counts of murder on his behalf. Let's have some perspective.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Al Capone was not an intenet poker player making 1200 a month. He was the leader of a huge organized crime operation that commited multiple counts of murder on his behalf. Let's have some perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! I'll bet the IRS audited him every single year, many times over!
Old 07-20-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Remember a few years ago when Willie Nelson got into trouble with the I.R.S. for failing to pay MILLIONS of dollars in taxes? What did the IRS do to Willie? Well if you remember all Willie did was release a double cd of his hits plus a couple new songs called, "The IRS Tapes." and he had to give all of that money to the IRS. They didn't want to send Willie to the big house.

I'm so glad you added some perspective to some of the insanity in this thread, and every thread about taxes. There is a big difference between Al Capone, Willie Nelson, some guy making a few extra bucks playing poker, and some poker pro making 100,000 plus a year. If you are a pro making 6 figures than you had sure as hell get your tuna boat in order, get a cpa, and file taxes. If you have a job and are filing every year while playing poker for fun making $100 here and there at home games or on the internet or wherever you have a very slim chance of being audited. Alot of people cash out with checks anyway and cash them at stores or whatever to even nullify this small chance. If worse comes to worse and the IRS wants to devote the time and resources to audit you for a few dollars you made paying poker the WORSE that will happen to you is you will have some fines and penalties to pay, you won't go to prison like Al Capone.