Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 05:31 AM

Default What did you think I had?

Why do individuals get so upset when their aces are cracked because they play AK, 88, etc the same as they play aces so no one knows that they have aces. When the aces get cracked the most common response is "What did you think I had" or "What did he think I had?". Why get upset when you play aces the same as other hands to confuse players and when you do confuse players you get so upset?

Sherman
Old 07-16-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Re: What did you think I had?

haha i like this post...I generally dont get mad in these situations because u usually have a huge edge and oh well if they suck out. but i know what your talking about.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: What did you think I had?

It's not always about Aces.

Like when I had KTs and flop was 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I made my standard 3BB raise preflop and slow played my top two pair of course. But the turn was a 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (potential straight draw, flush draw). My opponent comes out swinging. Now I thought it was time to take down the pot, so I raised enough to put him all in (about 5 times his initial bet) and after thinking about it for a minute, he calls. He had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. River: A !!! What did he think I had??? I haven't bluffed or semi-bluffed all night!

Final hand: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]