Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 06:04 PM

Default Tiger takes control in Player of the Year race

Convincing though not pretty win in the World Championships today gives him the Win lead and the Money lead heading down the stretch. And it'll take form reversal from some of the other contenders to make a real showing at the Tour Championship.

Not bad for a slump, eh?
Old 10-05-2003, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Tiger takes control in Player of the Year race

Yeah, Tiger's a total stud. I think a lot of people, myself included probably, underestimated the recovery time on his knee. He played hurt all last year and played well. I think these surgeries that are more routine now are harder to come back from than people think. When you are an athlete the recovery is in some respects tougher than for the average guy. Yeah, you're in better shape, but you are doing such demanding and precise things with your body that being a little off makes a huge difference. Tiger's swing was off all year and he didn't putt all that well sometimes. I was shocked when they said he was the worst on Tour this year in the 30 foot range. And he still has won 5X. Look for a colossal 2004 out of Tiger, he just might do some things beyond what we expect from him.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Tiger takes control in Player of the Year race

The key with Tiger has always been his putting. That is, when he is putting well, he's untouchable.

Now he's certainly had problems other than putting this year, but I think we are always going to see Tiger cruise when he is automatic on those 4-8 footers.

I'd love to see him cruise in the Tour Championship just to serve notice for next year.

BTW, Vijay is such a bad finisher when he's not in the lead. His effort here coupled with his embarassing finish in the US Open just continue what has been a lifelong trend with him.