Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Two hands with QQ. 6Max PL100

This was the last hand of the night. I don’t think I was tilting but I was down about $400 at this point so it is possible.

Am I playing QQ to strongly here? I’d be a lot happier about this hand if I was holding AA or KK but both players were idiots. I was sure neither player had AA or KK by the time I put the final raise in. I was expecting UTG to be holding a better hand than the BB but this didn't have to be a premium hand (perhaps a bit unfair given his 5% PFR?). If the BB didn’t have total crap like Ax I thought he’d have a small pocket pair. The BB's move all in seemed like a resignation to me, and when that raise didn't get rereaised I was pretty sure I held the best hand.

Hero (Button) $111.75 <font color="green">24/9/3.5</font>
SB $36.75
BB $29.50 <font color="green">66/10/1.5</font>
UTG $109 <font color="green">70/5/2.4</font>
UTG+1 $73.50
CO $342.50
SB: posts small blind US$0.50
BB: posts big blind US$1

dealt to Hero Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB posts $0.50, BB posts $1, UTG <font color="blue">calls $1</font>, UTG+1: folds, CO folds, Hero <font color="red">raises to $4.50</font>, SB folds, BB <font color="blue">calls $3.50</font>, UTG <font color="red">raises to $8</font>, Hero <font color="red">raises to $22</font>, BB <font color="red">raises to $29.50 and is all-in</font>, UTG <font color="blue">calls $21.50</font>, Hero <font color="red">raises to $111.75 and is all-in</font>, UTG <font color="blue">calls all-in $79.50</font>

In contrast to the previous hand where I may have played a little loosely, am I being too tight here? Is the flop bet inviting a raise? I can only see him making that min raise with a hand bigger than my Q’s, namely AA, KK or JJ. Am I seeing monsters?

Button $144.47
Hero (SB) $115.50 <font color="green">24/9/3.5</font>
BB $38.50
UTG $678
CO $134.63 <font color="green">41/3/3.2</font>

dealt to Hero Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero posts $0.50, BB posts $1, UTG <font color="blue">calls $1, </font>CO <font color="red">raises to $3, </font>Button folds, Hero <font color="red">raises to $11, </font>BB folds, UTG folds, CO <font color="red">raises to $19, </font>Hero <font color="blue">calls $8, </font>

FLOP J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero <font color="red">bets US$25, </font>CO <font color="red">raises to $50, </font>Hero folds
Old 10-28-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Two hands with QQ. 6Max PL100

Hey Crypto,

In the first hand, yes, I think you're overplaying QQ. Even idiots catch cards.

UTG limp/reraise of your initial raise tells you a lot. I would call, take a flop, and proceed very cautiously... probably playing for set value. Either way, let your position work for you.

In general, try not to get all in preflop with anything less than KK.

Over how many hands are your stats in hand 2? If he's that passive preflop I call and am done with the flop if it doesn't have a Q in it. Good fold to his raise. You should've lost $25 less though.

Welcome to the forums Crypto.