Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Should I of slowplayed the flop?

Preflop:Hero is in the BB with AA
4 calls, 2 folds, 2 callers, SB raises, Hero 3bets, 3 callers, MP1 caps, Everyone calls.

Flop: A Q 7
Hero bets, 2 callers, 3 folds, 2 callers.

Turn: K
Hero bets, 2 calls, 1 fold, 1 call.

River: K
Hero bets, 2 folds, 1 call.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Should I of slowplayed the flop?

No.
Does that say it all? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2005, 02:48 AM

suits? were there flush draws? this board hits everyone involved. Bet/raise/jam the flop.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:52 AM

Never slowplay a set of Aces and let a gutshot straight draw cheaply.

Defintiely jam the pot.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:05 AM

Sometimes the best way to protect a hand is to wait until the turn to make your move...

Not saying that is or isn't the case here but I really don't like your use of the word 'never'.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:56 AM

wow just wow

I've seen bad slowplays but even thinking about doing it here shows a total 100% lack of understanding of why and when to slowplay

for starters the pot is 32!!!!!!!! [censored] bets on the flop .. you want to risk the whole [censored] thing, to get an extra bet or 2?? damn dude thats horrid poker

there is absolutely no way to protect your hand here, its 8handed, in a capped pot .. just bet and hope it gets raised, so you can 3bet

just press the equity edge you have to the fullest, most of the time you'll get 5-6callers, a gutshot isn't going anywhere(and shouldn't) just build the pot as much as possible

here's the general requirements for slowplaying to be correct

1. shorthanded
2. small pot
3. opponents likely to fold if you bet out, but can make a second best hand with the free/cheap card
4. your opponents play reasonably well postflop
5. you are willing to risk the entire pot(to this point) to win a couple extra bets

... do you think any of those conditions apply???
I'm gonna be very rough on you, suggesting slowplaying here is the single worst line I have ever seen on these boards, and I've seen some very bad ones(usually from villians, but occasional heroes ..)

BET YOUR [censored] HANDS

as a side note, that looks like the juiciest game possible, 8players playing in a capped pot, that fold easy in massive pots for single bets

you can't find better games that that condition
Old 03-22-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow just wow

I've seen bad slowplays but even thinking about doing it here shows a total 100% lack of understanding of why and when to slowplay

for starters the pot is 32!!!!!!!! [censored] bets on the flop .. you want to risk the whole [censored] thing, to get an extra bet or 2?? damn dude thats horrid poker

there is absolutely no way to protect your hand here, its 8handed, in a capped pot .. just bet and hope it gets raised, so you can 3bet

just press the equity edge you have to the fullest, most of the time you'll get 5-6callers, a gutshot isn't going anywhere(and shouldn't) just build the pot as much as possible

here's the general requirements for slowplaying to be correct

1. shorthanded
2. small pot
3. opponents likely to fold if you bet out, but can make a second best hand with the free/cheap card
4. your opponents play reasonably well postflop
5. you are willing to risk the entire pot(to this point) to win a couple extra bets

... do you think any of those conditions apply???
I'm gonna be very rough on you, suggesting slowplaying here is the single worst line I have ever seen on these boards, and I've seen some very bad ones(usually from villians, but occasional heroes .. and some of my own)

BET YOUR [censored] HANDS

[/ QUOTE ]

How often can top set lose on a rainbow disconected flop?
Also the fact that people capped it pre-flop made me put all the great hands out there to be pocket pairs.

The reason I was asking about the slowplay is becuase if they have pocket pairs against my top set, aren't they drawing nearly completely dead?

I don't see how I could of lost the hand except to an unlikely straight on the flop. The reason I bet it out is becuase of how in TOP it mention to never slowplay the absolute nuts.

You're probably right, maybe my post was just dissapointment that I didn't get tons of action after the flop.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:06 AM

Bottom set, come on man. He's here to learn. Not everyone is on the same level of sophistication as you. Speaking for myself as one of the less sophisticated posters, I love constructive criticism, but I don't think personal attacks are either necessary or conducive to a learning environment.

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a breath."
Old 03-22-2005, 04:21 AM

alright here goes round2 of lessons

[ QUOTE ]
How often can top set lose on a rainbow disconected flop?
Also the fact that people capped it pre-flop made me put all the great hands out there to be pocket pairs.

The reason I was asking about the slowplay is becuase if they have pocket pairs against my top set, aren't they drawing nearly completely dead?

I don't see how I could of lost the hand except to an unlikely straight on the flop. The reason I bet it out is becuase of how in TOP it mention to never slowplay the absolute nuts.

You're probably right, maybe my post was just dissapointment that I didn't get tons of action after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously missed this part here it is again in bold the pot is 32 bets big you will make more by just betting out and getting called, anything can call here and there is nothing you can do to change that, most of the things that should call are drawing dead or very close to it ... let them put money in, they won't be able to unless someone bets

you will lose bets(even assuming you never get drawn out as a result of slowplaying) by slowplaying .. these players are horrid absolutely terrible .. good players never see 8handed capped pots IT NEVER HAPPENS let them put money in dead

you slowplay against decent/good opposition in SMALL POTS, against bad players who call too much you really just throw bets away, which is obviously the opposite purpose of poker

your opponents literally will and can have any 2 cards, ruling them to only pocket pairs is incredibly short sighted, also noone has a straight yet, I think you need practice reading boards and noone is open-ended either meaining the straight draws are 10.5/1 against, but you have no way of getting them to fold, flushdraws are 23/1 against but will spike to 4.2/1 against if the turn 4flushes them, you might fold weak only backdoor hands if you bet, and mp1 raises .. thats about the only type hands that can be put into a situation to fold

if you do let it check through, you could protect your hand against a variety of weak draws on the turn w/ help, thats not likely, and again you risk a ton to do so

just push your equity

and let me take your seat in this game
Old 03-22-2005, 04:22 AM

It's hard to tell who is who b/c you didn't use the converter. But it looks like you possibly could have found a value checkraise either on the flop or turn.