Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone link me to his blog please? Thank you. And btw, Paul Phillips acted much younger than his age, yes, and while there was an apology for deleting his original thread, I think that the moderator/owners (mat, ed, mason) are completely freaking out about this. Justifiably? Meh, it is their site, they are allowed to go on power trips if they want. As long as moderators who aren't also owners don't get power trips either.

[/ QUOTE ]

To get his blog google his name and hit i'm feeling lucky [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 11-09-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul:

You have now been permanently banned from this site.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats Mason, I mean that sincerely. You've improved. You've banned paulp for not adhering to the rules that you insist everybody adhere to, I applaud that (although I wouldn't make it permanent....maybe re-evaluate in 6 months or so...but that's neither here nor there).

This is a decided improvement over how you handled the Jalib situation where you tried to make a special set of rules for just him.

I am curious (and this is in no way a complaint, just me trying to find out the rules here...) Do the mods and authors also need to follow the same set of rules? Or no?

Thanks,

Josh
Old 11-09-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you going to make me dig up an example of Mason doing same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Digging up things Mason has said is a waste of time. He is the owner, and he says what he wants.

[/ QUOTE ]
so you are saying its ok for mason to post private PM's if he wants but everybody else shouldnt? just curious.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Digging up things Mason has said is a waste of time. He is the owner, and he says what he wants.

[/ QUOTE ]
so you are saying its ok for mason to post private PM's if he wants but everybody else shouldnt? just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying anything is "ok" or "not ok." I'm basically just stating what, to me, is the obvious, which is that this is Mason's sandbox. Digging up posts or calling people names isn't going to change that. Mason runs things the way he wants to.

If you have a suggestion for the way you think he should run things, feel free to make it in a mature and civil way, and he may or may not listen to you.

If I were interested in being diplomatic, I might not state things in quite this way. But I'm not. And lest anyone think I'm "power tripping," I have no power on this forum beyond having Mason's ear.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:12 PM

I wasn't banned, but I did get a post deleted for calling Tiffany Williamson H-DOG, which stands for "Human Delay Of Game." I've never met her, but I'm tempted to email her and ask her directly if she found that nickname amusing.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying anything is "ok" or "not ok." I'm basically just stating what, to me, is the obvious, which is that this is Mason's sandbox. Digging up posts or calling people names isn't going to change that. Mason runs things the way he wants to.

If you have a suggestion for the way you think he should run things, feel free to make it in a mature and civil way, and he may or may not listen to you.

If I were interested in being diplomatic, I might not state things in quite this way. But I'm not. And lest anyone think I'm "power tripping," I have no power on this forum beyond having Mason's ear.

[/ QUOTE ]
mat questioned the ethics of paul posting masons private pm. ironunkind suggested mason has done that very thing in the past. i thought/think you misunderstood the point.
i do agree with you that mason can do whatever he wants, the rest of us can decide if we want to stick around and watch
Old 11-09-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
an already gigantic moderation disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh the humanity!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Digging up things Mason has said is a waste of time. He is the owner, and he says what he wants. If you don't like things Mason, Mat, I, or moderators say or do, you really have three options:

1. Put up with it, and accept that good things often have flaws.

2. Write a constructive criticism. Don't use inflamatory terms or resort to namecalling. Instead, enumerate your gripe and offer positive suggestions about ways to remedy the situation.

3. Stop participating. You can say something nasty on your way out if you want to, but that will lose you some respect with at least a few people. (Though apparently it will gain you respect with a different group, so eh.)

I fully understand that some people aren't going to like Mason. He may make you mad, outraged, pissed off, or any number of other things. But Mason calls the shots around here, and that's not going to change, no matter how many old posts you dig up. So, at that point, you're really back to your three options.

[/ QUOTE ]
here's the original post that got deleted:

"Subject: 2005 WSOP TOC

Anyone who thinks this is a "freeroll" (and therefore they didn't do anything wrong) is a sucker.

Anyone who thinks this isn't worthy of comment because the amount of stolen equity isn't enormous is the aforereferenced "whore negotiating price."

I haven't followed 2+2 as regularly as I might. When did every thread in this forum become a deletion/banning dick swinging contest? This site has the most brain damaged interface I've ever seen; instead of actually removing a deleted post they leave up a placeholder that says "post deleted" with the obvious result that every thread is hijacked by pointless metadiscussion. And this fellow dynasty pours fuel on the fire by boasting about all the people he's banned.

Whoever's idea this was, you might want to reconsider your implementation. Or is this post going to disappear too? I have no idea, but my first deleted post will be my last."

honestly, in your assessment, in any fair and objective assessment, was that post "derogatory"? was it necessary to delete it? was it offensive to the point that he be required either to apologize or be banned?

i understand what you're saying about who calls the shots around here. i understand you're not in a position to criticize the owners of this site. but that certainly shouldn't stop any of us from answering honestly that the answers to the questions above are no, no, and no.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:39 PM

This is the actual post in question. It was deleted, and Paul was told he had to apologize to Mason *and* to the forum for it. The nazi comment came once Mason had privately indicated that Paul was getting banned.

You're a good little minion, pretending the guys who write your paycheck didn't screw this pooch.

Subject: 2005 WSOP TOC

Anyone who thinks this is a "freeroll" (and therefore
they didn't do anything wrong) is a sucker.

Anyone who thinks this isn't worthy of comment because
the amount of stolen equity isn't enormous is the
aforereferenced "whore negotiating price."

I haven't followed 2+2 as regularly as I might. When
did every thread in this forum become a
deletion/banning dick swinging contest? This site has
the most brain damaged interface I've ever seen;
instead of actually removing a deleted post they leave
up a placeholder that says "post deleted" with the
obvious result that every thread is hijacked by
pointless metadiscussion. And this fellow dynasty
pours fuel on the fire by boasting about all the
people he's banned.

Whoever's idea this was, you might want to reconsider
your implementation. Or is this post going to
disappear too? I have no idea, but my first deleted
post will be my last.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:42 PM

Look, they said deleting it was a mistake. Did PP have to freak out as much as they did? No. But they both overreacted, Paul acting like a whiny girl when a thread got deleted and the owners banning someone who clearly wasn't a real threat.
Closed Thread