Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 07:36 PM

Default With what calling range by the big stack do I not push?

What if both the Button and the BB are loose?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) converter

BB (t8020)
Hero (t3055)
Button (t1730)
SB (t695)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 09-01-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: With what calling range by the big stack do I not push?

well, the blinds are wicked high, and there is quite a small stack in the SB, plus button is in some trouble. I like a call here actually, calling a push by anyone but the BB. if he does push, it sucks but I fold.

I call b/c i trust my AK against the SB more than the random hand BB has...and while losing t600 sucks, every stack but mine is in trouble too.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, the blinds are wicked high, and there is quite a small stack in the SB, plus button is in some trouble. I like a call here actually, calling a push by anyone but the BB. if he does push, it sucks but I fold.

I call b/c i trust my AK against the SB more than the random hand BB has...and while losing t600 sucks, every stack but mine is in trouble too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think limping for 20% of your stack is pretty bad. personally I would psuh but I'm not sure if that is the best option so I'd love to hear other people's opinions.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think limping for 20% of your stack is pretty bad. personally I would psuh but I'm not sure if that is the best option so I'd love to hear other people's opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it isn't a GOOD play, but this sh*tty situation leads to this play against most big stacks. If big stack is agro/2+2 pushing every hand, I fold this since the chance I get re-raised is too great.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:36 PM

But pushing initially makes it impossible for him to reraise you... I think pushing has got to be better than limping.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:40 PM

So I tried to crunch some numbers and assuming that if you get called, you'll win 2/3 of the time, you need your steal to work 2/3 of the time on the big stack. I'm still not sure if this is reasonable to try pushing or not...
Old 09-01-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think busting out on the bubble when there are 2 much shorter stacks then you is pretty bad as well. Im limping here as well. I think folding has more merrit than all-in. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also think busting out on the bubble when there are 2 much shorter stacks then you is pretty bad as well. Im limping here as well. I think folding has more merrit than all-in. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, busting on the bubble via a push is real bad given the other stacks. I rate the options 1) call, 2) fold, 3) push. would like to hear others feedback though...
Old 09-01-2005, 08:57 PM

So limp and then fold to the BBs push? That leaves you with 2455 after antes. Next hand you're in the BB... if either the 2nd smallest or the biggest stack pushes, you probably have to fold leaving you with 1855. This is especially bad if the 2nd smallest pushes because you've essentially switched places with him. Next hand you're in the SB with 1555. The big stack could very well push and if not, the BB is gonna be getting crazy odds to call. Limping seems to leave you in a very awkward spot most of the time.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:21 PM

Push every day of the week. And twice on ... every day of the week. AK is a phenomenal hand in this spot. The chance to pick up 900 in blinds is also enormous given your stack size.