Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Video card help...

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I've been wanting to hook up a second monitor to my computer for a while now. About a month or two ago, I purchased a PCI video card to pop into my empty PCI slot to complement my AGP card, but I could never get it to work. I heard that it is sometimes necessary to disable integrated video through BIOS. I don't really understand what intregrated video means (I think it means that your monitor is hooked directly up to the motherboard, and does not run through a video card first. Is this right?)

So my question is, do you think it'll help to disable the intregrated video? How do I do it? Is it easy to turn back on if I screw something up royally?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems I was unaware of this element in WinXP (that didn't exist in WinME) that allows direct support of multiple monitors. I thought one needed a special video card with multiple monitor support. That being the case, you shouldn't need to disable your integrated video, quite the contrary. The integrated video is simply the chip of a video card, such as an nVidia 440 or whatnot, placed directly on the motherboard, freeing you of the expense of buying a video card when you put together a computer. So you should be able to use it in conjunction with the extra video card you purchased. You should be able to find out more on doing this directly from the Microsoft site.