Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: brrr its cold outside

I wore a tank top and shorts to class today, though i have noticed it has gotten cooler outside.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:14 PM

It got down to 58 after the sun went down here in Orlando, FL. That is freaking cold for me. Damn toes won't warm up.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:29 PM

Currently 20 degrees here in Rochester, New York. Meh, used to it over the years. Last winter wasnt that bad, actually.

Its funny how people up here see 60 degree days as "perfect" weather, and people down south are freezing to death. Hmmmmmm.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its funny how people up here see 60 degree days as "perfect" weather, and people down south are freezing to death. Hmmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I'm doomed to live in FL for the rest of my life.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
60's is perfect. And I usually wear shorts till the snow starts to accumulate.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Currently 20 degrees here in Rochester, New York. Meh, used to it over the years. Last winter wasnt that bad, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moved to DC after 3 years at RIT. We got a light dusting of snow yesterday, it wasn't even sticking. My boss comes over to my desk around 3 and tells me that if I'm worried about the snow I can leave early. I looked at him and asked if he was serious and laughed.

Sooo ridiculous here compared to western ny. People think 30 degrees is absolutely frigid.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:19 PM

That's how it is here in Southern California with rain. A drizzle comes up and people start slamming on their brakes so they can suddenly drop their speed by 30 miles an hour -- AS A SAFETY MEASURE. They start doing all kinds of crazy things that make the roads much more dangerous, like they've never driven in rain or even seen it before. All the ACTION NEWS reporters get in their helicopters and start screaming into their mikes; when they're on the ground they use umbrellas as props even when there's no rain going on at the moment, and promise instant live coverage of the terrifying sprinkle. You'd think it was time to build an Ark and the final judgment was coming down.

The sense of panic is bizarre for someone used to even a little rain.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:24 PM

I love cold weather, I miss connecticut.

Last night, with the temperature at freezing, I drive from Austin to Houston from midnight-3:00. I find out on the trip that my heater is broken. I could see my breath the entire way.

I do love cold weather, but I swear I need to buy more cold weather clothes.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moved to DC after 3 years at RIT. We got a light dusting of snow yesterday, it wasn't even sticking. My boss comes over to my desk around 3 and tells me that if I'm worried about the snow I can leave early. I looked at him and asked if he was serious and laughed.

Sooo ridiculous here compared to western ny. People think 30 degrees is absolutely frigid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds about right....
I went to visit RIT on 1 April a few years ago and it was snowing... I'm like I don't think so RIT.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This sounds about right....
I went to visit RIT on 1 April a few years ago and it was snowing... I'm like I don't think so RIT.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few years ago we had an ice storm in the middle of May that was so bad it shut down the city for 2 days (and this is a city that's used to multiple feet of snow overnight).