Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: At Durron\'s suggestion...27s

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, here's my logic.

We are pushing into the biggest stack on the table. Thus, we are pushing into the opponent with the widest calling range with a terrible hand. This naturally makes me not like it.

On further analysis: this player was relatively tight for a big stack. We are 5 handed and not 4, so two people need to bust before us, and we have an M of 2.

Looking at the numbers, I think this is close. Maybe the fact that bluefeet was on pooh's immediate right makes this a push?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather push the big stack than someone who is in my situation at the table. If a stack with 3-4 BBs before post is getting the same odds as the bigstack in this hand if I were to push, then I would fold this hand maybe.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather push the big stack than someone who is in my situation at the table. If a stack with 3-4 BBs before post is getting the same odds as the bigstack in this hand if I were to push, then I would fold this hand maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't want to push UTG here, but I would be happiest pushing into MP and second happiest pushing into bluefeet here.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't want to push UTG here, but I would be happiest pushing into MP and second happiest pushing into bluefeet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but, in general, I would rather push BS here than someone with something like, my own stack size...UTG, no way.

The key to hands like these is getting called by 88 and spiking the 9 on the flop...its really not that hard.