Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: 27s...second guessing.

[ QUOTE ]
If that's me UTG your A9 is a 70/30 dog at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It's not you.
2. You don't push 66-88 there? KQ? Maybe I'm leaking a bit.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If that's me UTG your A9 is a 70/30 dog at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It's not you.
2. You don't push 66-88 there? KQ? Maybe I'm leaking a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I MAY push 88 but probably that's my line. I'd almost certainly fold 66-77 and KQ here.

I know it's not me but he says the guy is super tight early and a good pushbot late, so I think that I could be in there.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:31 AM

Fair enough. Silly point by me.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:21 PM

Looks like your read makes it close.

The rest of the table texture is important as well.

If others are timid, you can wait. But if others are pushing also, I go for it here, with only 5xBB left if I fold this and my SB next hand.

Without the read, it's a fold, of course.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:37 PM

Pooh, if you had 77 or even 55, this would be more of an interesting discussion, A9 is an easier fold.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pooh, if you had 77 or even 55, this would be more of an interesting discussion, A9 is an easier fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to run my cEV through the stove and see...I have him on any A, most Ks and lost of higher suited Cs and one gappers. Oh and 22+...dunno, since I play with this person so much, maybe its a good call if for anything else them tightening up their range a wee bit. I told her afterward, I only call A9 against her (on the other table we were on).

I call 77 too Fwiw.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:33 PM

If I'm UTG you're a favorite, albeit a marginal one. Part of the reason you'd be a favorite would be that my range would expand a little bit with a "good" player in the BB.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm UTG you're a favorite, albeit a marginal one. Part of the reason you'd be a favorite would be that my range would expand a little bit with a "good" player in the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the problem...I am marginal favorite at best...I never like calling like that.

I just had a good feeling that UTG was using their position as an intimidation factor, knew I was in the BB, and also knew their stack shrinks by 25% over the next two hands to leave very little FE.

FWIW, I was ahead on the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ps...I think you meant to say "great", but I'll let it slide.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have played about 100 games with her and I know she gets frisky when she is about to lose her FE

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess: ImSoLxxxx ? A solid multi-table'r for sure

I've played a ton w/ this person as well. Rightfully so adjusting my own calling range (with a handful of successful "spite" looking calls), when during these turbos folks get <6bb's WELL before the "bubble". But from UTG, I think it would be prudent to give him/her just a tad more credit (not much). More importantly, with the depth at the table, you should have an opportunity or two yourself to stay ahead of the blinds.

But with this shared read, I will give you "it's a lot closer than it looks" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me guess: ImSoLxxxx ? A solid multi-table'r for sure

I've played a ton w/ this person as well. Rightfully so adjusting my own calling range (with a handful of successful "spite" looking calls), when during these turbos folks get <6bb's WELL before the "bubble". But from UTG, I think it would be prudent to give him/her just a tad more credit (not much). More importantly, with the depth at the table, you should have an opportunity or two yourself to stay ahead of the blinds.

But with this shared read, I will give you "it's a lot closer than it looks" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol...actually I wouldnt call IMsoLxxxx there...Imso does a little more than pushbot, seems more involved and I would respect his UTG raise more (not that I dont respect THIS player too, just dont respect their pushes as much, nor should they mine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])...Ill pm you the name and in case the player is a member here. Maybe coincidence but I dont have more games logged with anyone else in my database.