Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 10:39 PM

Default calling preflop raises in low limit NL

I find myself with a VPIP of about 15 and preflop raise of about 3. I think the VPIP is pretty good for my style, which is certainly a little on the tight side. My question is basically two parted. In full ring games, if there are two callers say, should I be raising with somewhat marginal hands like AQo, AJo, ATs, Axs, KQs, KJs, TT, 99? What about if I am first in? I usually just take a flop and see what happens, but I was wondering...

And just to make this post agree with the title, my other question is what about hands like that when it is raised to 4xBB in EP or MP by someone with a VPIP 40% and PFR 10%, do I call these and see what develops, try to beat him preflop? Do I ever play back?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: calling preflop raises in low limit NL

I'd raise with AQo and simply call with AJ, KQ, KJs, TT, 99, and sometimes toss Axs depending a lot on my seat and the table.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: calling preflop raises in low limit NL

i might raise w/ the AQos and TT. prolly limp more often w/ the 99 and the suited paint-paints. you can mix it up and do both limping and raising the limps, but you'll have to play differently and be comforatble w/ doing a variety of things on the flop if you mix it up

however, i prolly toss AJos here. too many ppl limp AK and AQ. so dont lose money to a limped AQ