Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 05:29 AM

Default A7s Plan

Party 15/30 awesome table. Nine-handed.

Folded to too-tight TAG who opens in the hijack. Loose-passive CO coldcalls. Solid TAG with stats on the tighter side coldcalls on the button.

I am SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I call. BB is a 100/7 over 60 hands. That first number is correct and he is erratic postflop like betting missed-draws through to the river and checking top pair. BB 3-bets. Everyone calls including me.

Flop: (15 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>

What's the best line?
Old 09-07-2005, 05:52 AM

Default Re: A7s Plan

Bet the flop out and see if there are any raises. I'd call the raise and c/c down if no more diamonds show up. I'm not calling two cold on this flop though.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:03 AM

I would bet and call a raise too, being to worried about freecards to go for a checkraise.

I think I would bet a non-diamond turn even with one raiser though, I dont want a lone high [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to get a freecard.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:05 AM

It is pretty likely you are going to face heat. Even though you have top two pair your hand is marginal and you have 4 outs to improve to virtually nuts.

Ace with better kicker is pretty likely out. In six handed pot it is pretty possible someone has at least one high diamond. Flush is also possibility.

I would lead out betting hoping pre-flop raiser nro 1 will have ace and make rest of the bunch face two bets cold hopefully reducing field.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:44 AM

There's no way to protect your hand as the pot is too big. Even if you lead out and the BB raises, everyone is going to be getting 9 to 1 on their calls. I check and see who likes this flop and from what position in order to decide my action on the turn if a safe card drops. There are only 4 cards that you're drawing to for your full and there's a good possibility with the preflop action that the other 2 Aces are already accounted for.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:53 AM

I play this hand for value, not for protection. So I check/call the BB's bet on this flop and check/raise his punk ass on a non-[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:44 AM

I like ramming and jamming -- bet/3bet? =/

I also hope BB raises to fold out some weak single diamonds, even though its unlikely.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:08 AM

I don't like the 3 bet, any made flush is capping it and laughing at you. It may be capped before it gets back around to you.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:11 AM

Nice, everyones given a different line.

In the end, bets in the pot sound good. I might just smooth call the flop and goto war on the turn. But jamming the flop couldn't be bad either. However, I take the equity stance, a single diamonds equity goes way down on a blank turn.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:19 AM

I was going to say bet and hope BB raises to try and fold some low diamonds but the only person that would possibly fold a low diamond is the original PF raiser. The loose passive CO isn't folding one, the tight TAG button probably doesn't have a diamond low enough that he would cold call a raise PF, and the goofy BB surely isn't folding for one bet on the flop. Since hand protection is unlikely now, checking the flop is probably best, and if its only one bet when it gets back to you, check raise. Otherwise, wait for a non-diamond turn then bet out.