Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Can PokerRoom really do this?

I was going out of town that weekend so I could not sing the check over to him when I cashed out. Thought it would be faster for him to cash it out. Obivousely not lol.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:48 AM

right or wrong, I dont like PokerRoom after this.
I'm not going to open an account at PokerRoom, even it was my plan before I red this.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
right or wrong, I dont like PokerRoom after this.
I'm not going to open an account at PokerRoom, even it was my plan before I <font color="red">red</font> this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything it should make you want to open an account more knowing that they actually pay attention to what is going on at there tables. Chip dumping infringes on the integrity of online poker and any site that does not have a zero tolerance policy on this will never get my service. Seriously, would you rather play at sites that allow this sort of shady money laundering? In your world drug deals, and other illicit activity, including credit card fraud would happen on an infintesimal level. If you aren't going to play PR now make it for a legitimate reason, i.e. their new rake structure, rather than the fact that they are sticking it to a kid who laundered money to his buddy on their site as that only reflects badly upon you as well.
~Justin
Old 09-01-2005, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In your world drug deals, and other illicit activity, including credit card fraud would happen on an infintesimal level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great to me.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:59 AM

I did the same thing at paradise with my father.
The reason was that I was no longer using Firepay but paradise cashed my money out to firepay. Therefore I "dumped" it to my fathers account in an unreal "capped all hands" one on one session.
They immediatedly send me an email demanding an answer to the "suspicious play" but didnt freeze my account. I wrote them the real reason and they thanked me for my honesty - and told me to use the transfer function next time.
Class act!
By the way - since then they have cashed out to my neteller even though there where still money supposed to go back to my firepay account. Another class act!
Old 09-01-2005, 12:15 PM

Bottom line -- if you have a problem regarding any specific account related issue, send the site support an email. 95% of the time the site will be able to help you out.

Remember that transfer limits are there for the site's protection. Once players have a credit history most sites are happy to increase your various limits.

If you email them with a legitimate reason, they can look into your account and approve these things.

Rom
Old 09-01-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going out of town that weekend so I could not sing the check over to him when I cashed out. Thought it would be faster for him to cash it out. Obivousely not lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Write check
2) Put check in envelope
3) Address and stamp envelope
4) Deposit envelope into mailbox
Old 09-02-2005, 03:00 AM

It is against their rules but I hope you get your $ back.

If you are both legit players then Pokerroom would be stealing your money by not returning it. A much greater crime than your rule breach.

It is necessary to have rules like this to protect from fraud however just because a rule is broken it doesn't give a site carte blanche to steal all a player's money for themselves. That would be neither just, fair or equitable.

Always be folding
Old 09-02-2005, 03:14 AM

Rom,

With a first class organization like PokerStars your advice is true. With many of these beyond the third world poker site support systems it is a major roll of the dice!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 07:34 AM

He's a noob who's never heard of chip dumping. Give him a break. We were all noobs once.

That said, you'll probably get your money if you are persistent. But, man, WTF were you thinking? lmao.

Noobs, if you're reading this. Don't chip dump. Just don't. Many online poker rooms have transfer options. Give that a try. Don't chip dump.