Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 06:23 PM

Default It\'s a Royal Draw

BB is 79/18/5 over 28
UTG is 62/7/.7 over 29
MP is 44/.5/.9 over 186

PF: I figure I am out of position, and calling to see if I hit is the best plan. (Am I wrong here?)

Flop: Well I nailed it, so I go for the checkraise, which ends up working perfectly here, since the guy to my left bets out, and gets 2 callers. Then it gets capped and I salivate at the size of the pot I will miss my draw on... (Should I just bet out here, or is the cr the most profitable thing?)

Turn: Well it worked once, lets see if I can cr the table again... It got checked through which I dont think is that bad for me. (Bet out here?)

River: Well I have the nuts, so I bet out finally, and the I get 2 callers and its raised back to me. At this point I decide that its better to go for the 2 overcalls, then the 1 from the reraise. They both fold, but that was my thinking. (Should just 3 bet and hope the savages call 2 cold?)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

River: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 08-16-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: It\'s a Royal Draw

I re-raise the river every time because I'm sure that I will get at least one call whereas I can't really be certain I will get even 1 call if I go for the 2 overcalls.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: It\'s a Royal Draw

Raise the river - if they fold they may have folded anyways. But if they call that's better for you. Take the sure thing over the maybe.

Lead the turn - whay would you want to try to c/r the turn? You have nothing other than a strong draw. If you think it might get checked through then a check may be OK, but a turn lead is still the better play.

1) You may take the pot down right there
2) Even if you don't you have lots of outs. Any J for the nut straight, a diamond for the nut flush, an A may also be good here (although I wouldn't count on that one too much)

If you check you'll probably have to call a bet anyways (you didn't in this case). A lead bet helps disguise the fact that you're actually on a draw. If you had led the turn you may have gotten your overcalls , even after raising. As it is you put a neon sign out saying "I'm playing a flush draw and it came in" (We know you wanted to, incorrectly, c/r. They don't. Of course the fact that they called your initial river bet argues for the fact that they can't read flashing neon either, but this is 1/2 after all.)