Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: whoops forgot a title...DO YOU LIKE THIS BLUFF?

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the turn raise and I hate it more when he smooth-calls. I hate the river bet even more considereing his turn smooth-call.

Why would you bluff when the 4s falls? This doesn't fill out any draw whatsoever. He min-raises PF so you gotta credit him for a strong holding. Are you hoping he puts you on AQ? What if HE has AQ?

Maybe it's just me but I hate this bluff, without a read on the guy. Maybe it's different for you b/c maybe he was transparent to you. But on paper this is worse than child-abuse.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all the min-raise meant nothing. Second, if you read right above your post, i came to this realization and now realize the mistake. Third, what's the point of giving me advice in a tone like that? Did you read the original post? I somewhat had a read on him. Bah, your post pisses me off.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:33 PM

I might like a check/call, lead, lead line in hopes he doesnt have an Ace. This is how I would play AJ AK here against a wide range of pf holdings indicated by the miniraise. Heck, if he minraises you on the turn you might have odds to crack his monster.

This would only be if you sensed he might not have the ace here, though.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate the turn raise and I hate it more when he smooth-calls. I hate the river bet even more considereing his turn smooth-call.

Why would you bluff when the 4s falls? This doesn't fill out any draw whatsoever. He min-raises PF so you gotta credit him for a strong holding. Are you hoping he puts you on AQ? What if HE has AQ?

Maybe it's just me but I hate this bluff, without a read on the guy. Maybe it's different for you b/c maybe he was transparent to you. But on paper this is worse than child-abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all the min-raise meant nothing. Second, if you read right above your post, i came to this realization and now realize the mistake. Third, what's the point of giving me advice in a tone like that? Did you read the original post? I somewhat had a read on him. Bah, your post pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

His PF minraise means SOMETHING. What tone am I using? You SOMEwhat had a read on him?? Not good enough. My post pisses you off? lol. Why? I hate the bluff. That's just me, if you think it's an historical God-like bluff, then carry on. If you agree with anything I say then apologize.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His PF minraise means SOMETHING. What tone am I using? You SOMEwhat had a read on him?? Not good enough. My post pisses you off? lol. Why? I hate the bluff. That's just me, if you think it's an historical God-like bluff, then carry on. If you agree with anything I say then apologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if you don't like it, that's why i posted the hand. But i just found it strange that you'd post this after i already came to this realization, and you said it was "worse than child abuse." A simple "i didn't like it" woulda been just fine...and don't respond to this as it has nothing to do with poker content...let's move on...
Old 07-15-2005, 03:48 PM

looks like you have a set on the turn... if he's a decent player then i don't know what he's willing to call that turn with but will lay down on the river... of course this is assuming he's a decent player... if he isn't decent then i say get your $$ in with a better hand. checkfold the river and hope for better luck next time.

ps. I like the idea of the turn checkraise but i'm not sure if this was the best place for it or the right amount

-little fishy
Old 07-15-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had good results lately bluffing over two streets instead of one

[/ QUOTE ]

me too....
a lot of players are starting to auto call my continuation bets, and some even raise them regularly with underpairs... I've been firing second barrels into both these types of opponents recently getting great results.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if you don't like it, that's why i posted the hand. But i just found it strange that you'd post this after i already came to this realization, and you said it was "worse than child abuse." A simple "i didn't like it" woulda been just fine...and don't respond to this as it has nothing to do with poker content...let's move on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry sir.