Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Runner\'s ugly NBA picks week #2, plays for Wednesday

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in hearing your rationale for this. I don't like the Wolves at all. Weaknesses at PG, SG, and C

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct about these individual weaknesses. As a home TEAM they are fairly strong though, and Hassell plays Kobe tough. Also, being weak at Center doesn't matter as much when the other team cannot take advantage of that weakness.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Runner\'s ugly NBA picks week #2, plays for Wednesday

Yuck (1-3 on the night) New York and Sacramento could of covered and even won outright but both collapsed down the stretch, Seattle completely bombed. Luckily I got in on Utah early as they barely covered. LA Clippers -3 will be my only play for Thursday. It is available now at -3.5 and I believe it still has good value to -4.

YTD 8-7
Old 11-11-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Runner\'s ugly NBA picks week #2, play for Friday

Memphis +7.5 at Cleveland, too many points to give against this hard nosed team.

I am also considering New York +7.5 as they played a close one with Golden State last week and you would think Larry Brown would wake up one of these games and start making adjustments and coaching well. Somebody talk me out of taking New York, I feel sick to my stomach just thinking about playing this.

YTD 9-7
Old 11-11-2005, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Runner\'s ugly NBA picks week #2, play for Friday

Do you need more reasons than NY just being flat out awful? One of the few remaining winless teams. In their last game, they finally play a good half against Portland - another crappy team - then get killed by 22 in the 2nd half, to get blown out again. They already lost to GS at home, and probably should get beaten by more when on the road. LB is a good coach, but he's screwing around so much with the rotations that players are all confused, losing confidence, and openly criticizing him. Meanwhile, GS is a solid team with Baron running things, and are 21-12 since he's arrived.

I'm no guru, and NY could very well cover in the game, since +7.5's a lot, but I'm not going to try to catch a falling knife and predict exactly when NY's going to turn things around. Tried that already against Portland, a much worse team than GS, and with NY at home. I'll probably wait until NY obviously turns the corner, or go against them until then. I would take GS at -4 or -5, but will probably stay away at the current line. Also, it's moved to -8 on some sites.

Your system seems to rely heavily on getting lots of points, so if this game fits with your system, GL, it has a chance. But the line seems pretty fair to me, and is a risky play.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Runner\'s ugly NBA picks week #2, plays for Tuesday

having watched memphis play against boston on tuesday, i like the memphis pick too (+8 at some places now). they are not only hardnosed and play to their potential, but they have veteran skill on that team as well, getting bobby jackson and eddie jones in the offseason. they outplayed boston severely in the first half and the celtics had to play as well as they possibly could in the second to win by one at home. i don't know much about cleveland but assume their bench isn't great....memphis crushed boston's second team. cleveland a semi-public team with lebron, whereas memphis roster is pretty ugly.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Runner\'s ugly NBA picks week #2, plays for Saturday

Thanks for the input guys. Memphis will be my only play tonight.

Early play for Saturday:

Memphis -3.5 vs Atlanta. I don't see this line getting any better even if Cleveland sticks it to the Grizzlies tonight.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Runner\'s ugly NBA picks week #2, plays for Sunday

YTD 9-9

1 play for Sunday: Minnesota +6 at Denver.

Minny's 2 losses this year have come in overtime. They are well rested and I see this game going down to the wire.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Runner\'s ugly NBA picks week #2, early play for Monday

Play is Utah -4 vs New York.

Expect a tired New York team to show up for this one after running with Sacramento on Sunday. This line will not last long.