Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 05:38 AM

Default moving soon to 2/4. Which site??

Hi!

I found my inner LAG from these answer by leader and Surfbullet and others (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=4159350).

After that I have played ~5000 hands (I know, small sample size) but I guess I have been able to fix some of my leaks. My blind protection has gone up. My stealing has gone up. My aggression has gone up both pf and postflop. My VPIP has increased. Of course stats ain't eveything but I have also been printing money for the first time in 1/2 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now playing feels good and I am knowing WHY am I raising or just calling in different situations. Getting reads (BTW, after that post I made on 12/10 I have only played in one table. Oh man, I can get GOOD reads like this).

Anyway, although I might be running good, I definitely have improved. I have 300BB to 2/4 but I will play a bit more here and move up when I have ~400BB.

Now the question: In what site should I play? There is no 2/4 in Party so I was thinking either Stars, Absolute or Pacific.

I have heard that in Absolute the players are rocks, so maybe that is out. Stars or Pacific then?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Re: moving soon to 2/4. Which site??

I'd do Stars. I've play some 2/4 there while clearing bonuses they have decent games if you exercise good table/seat selection. I'd try to get rolled for 3/6 as fast a possible. PP 3/6 6m isn't any harder then PS 2/4 6m. So as soon as you feel comfortable that you can handle PS 2/4 and that you have enough cash move to 3/6.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:26 AM

Take a shot at 3/6
Old 12-18-2005, 06:29 AM

play to 500BB, then take a $200 at 3/6 i reckon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I watched some games last night at party, seems tighter but you still get guys limpin J6o... so i assume there may be fish [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 08:07 AM

Im playing Absolute and there are few rocks. I was suprised that there was so much fish. The 2/4 and 3/6 are pretty much the same and at both i have yet to spot a good player.

Most of the time there is maniac, some fish and some weak-tight guy. If you just take the time to get a good read on them its a goldmine.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:22 AM

i pwned stars while clearing my $270 bonus. They are weak there.

I'm at UB now, not too bad there during peak times (post 8/9pm ET), tougher other times.

I'll do Eurobet's $600 next, then start 3/6 in the new year. I've had 2 "sessions" (50 hands each time) at 3/6, -11BB for the first and +12BB for the second. I'm not psychologically prepared to see frequent >$100 pots
Old 12-18-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im playing Absolute and there are few rocks. I was suprised that there was so much fish. The 2/4 and 3/6 are pretty much the same and at both i have yet to spot a good player.

Most of the time there is maniac, some fish and some weak-tight guy. If you just take the time to get a good read on them its a goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played at absolute for a bit, there arn't "so much fish". If you think there are, go to party...

You'll soon see what "so many fish" look like.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played at absolute for a bit, there arn't "so much fish". If you think there are, go to party...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's right about absolute. I know there's a lot of fish at Party but haven't played there in so long because there's a lack of bonii. At absolute you can get bonus + unmentionable and I think that it's pretty profitable. I cleared the original sign up and a $200 reload there with a lot of profit both from bb/100 and bonus/unmentionable. I actually think that the 3/6 was easier than 2/4 as a lot of LAG's and TP's would come and go along with the TAG's. BTW, aren't you the one who told me to learn to play against the TAG's otherwise when the fish leaves I might get burned too? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW, aren't you the one who told me to learn to play against the TAG's otherwise when the fish leaves I might get burned too? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i think i did, and i stand by this. I'm currently at party for a bonus but returning to a tighter site where the players are tough.

Im tempted to go prima as i got slaughtered by those guys! I think it sprobably varience and my brains tricking me and not the actual change in players however i found a whole loads of tricky lags there!

About winrate vs bonus etc. I'm not sure whats most profitable...

I think you can 4-8table party and still have a respectable win rate so a higher BB/HR. At absolute due to it being tight your win rate is reduced and you can't 8table.

I think party outweighs absolute and for many of the people here who are rushing to get cash or to higher levels (and in doing so not learning as much about note taking, reads and whatever else) will be best suited for party interms of cash made.

Depends on what your goals are i guess, i want to get to 5/10 sure, but i also want to play perfect poker(im a perfectionist).
Old 12-18-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not psychologically prepared to see frequent >$100 pots

[/ QUOTE ]

stop thinking, thinking is tilt