Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-31-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Trip report: Bellagio 12-30. Played a few hands with Mason

Its my first time playing $30-$60. Hadnt played over 8-16 until about a month ago. I was playing real tight, just getting a feel for the game. Seat on my right opens up and Mason sits down. I introduce myself and Mason was very cool. He is not exactly the guy you want sitting on your right. I told Mason that and he said not to worry, he wouldnt be staying long. I was in one pot with him and folded the flop.

After Mason left for the 80/160 game, a local guy made this comment. "Those guys(refering to Mason) are all theory. They dont know about bluffs like I do. Its what makes me a better player."

I just chuckled.

Guy that said that is a total laggtard. Hes not a bad player but I doubt he is crushing the game. I thought about saying something, but I didnt feel like tapping the fish bowl. Then this monster hand comes up.

My raises where getting a little too much respect because I had been playing real tight and not getting much to work with. I opened my game up and started showing down a few marginal hands. Action time

I get dealt JJ and raise, laggtard 3 bets and I 4 bet and he just calls.

Flop comes J3x

I bet, he raises, I call.

Turn:
I donk, he raises.... 4 bets go in maybe 5 I cant remember. I was blinded by the cash.

The guy looks at me and says "You really are a freaking bully!" One of the best compliments(espically considering the source) Ive ever recieved at the poker table [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

River: forget the card, puts 3 to a flush on the board

I bet, he calls. I thank the poker gods for my good fortune as I flip over my boat and rake in a huge pot.

$30-$60 at the bellagio is an awesome game. If you dont think about how much money you are really playing with, its just like 5-10 party. Justs take agression and isolating the weaker links. I ran card dead today and still managed to eek out a 12 BB profit over 8 hours(would of been more like 18 if I hadnt tried to bluff a much better player than me off trip aces when he was begging me to represent the ace). Playing against thinking opponets who will fold is so much more fun and profitable than show down poker grinding.

I was in town for 48 hours, played poker for 30 hours, and left with a nice addition to my bankroll.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Trip report: Bellagio 12-30. Played a few hands with Mason

I thought the 80 game was much better and you're missing out on the experience if you're just playing poker the entire time in vegas. But, nice win.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:31 PM

I go to vegas at least 5 times a year. Not much I havent seen.

I dont doubt the 80 game is better. My bankroll isnt big enough yet for that game.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:21 PM

If you liked the 30 at the Bell, you should do well in the 40 game at CA too.