Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-06-2005, 03:04 PM

Default RISK for Money

I know we are only supposed to have one thread a day on RISK, but the other one is pretty big, and this one is a bit different.

I propose we set up some sort of risk game with a prize pool, and have bargaining available. I am willing to do any amount of money from $10-$100, and I think it would really change the game.

Originally it would start off that whoever won, would take the whole pot, but as the game progressed, people could make deals. Someone who was about to lose could sell himself out as a suicide bomber, but would only get paid if the person he sold himself to actually cashed in the game. People could team up and agree to some sort of monetary split.

We would have to give our money in advance to some respected poster, and if there were any violations of established rules, that person would be ineligible to receive money. Obviously there could still be backstabbing, but we would have to make some sort of rules on how and when a monetary contract could be terminated.

Let me know if anyone is interested in this.

Spicymoose
Old 12-06-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: RISK for Money

I'm in. Max of $20 per game though.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2005, 03:15 PM

There is a natural ganging up or collusion effect in this game (Gang up on one guy to get him eliminated, or gang up on the perceived strongest). There is nothing wrong with this, it is part of the game, but it could make playing for money fraught with recriminations.

I would love to play online Monopoly, but you run into those people who will never make a fair trade (so you either concede a big edge to them, or the winner is determined more by luck than skill).

Multiplayer games that need or naturally develop player cooperation will always have these issues.

btw, my idea for a new approach to Risk in OOT, is to play Team Risk (2 players vs. 2 players) with full collusion between the team members (and you win as a team). That could be interesting.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a natural ganging up or collusion effect in this game (Gang up on one guy to get him eliminated, or gang up on the perceived strongest). There is nothing wrong with this, it is part of the game, but it could make playing for money fraught with recriminations.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is indeed natural collusion that happens in RISK, but I think these effects get changed and magnified when there is money involved. Too often to people just go nutso, or go against someone "just because". With money involved, the game becomes way more strategical.

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to play online Monopoly, but you run into those people who will never make a fair trade (so you either concede a big edge to them, or the winner is determined more by luck than skill).

Multiplayer games that need or naturally develop player cooperation will always have these issues.

btw, my idea for a new approach to Risk in OOT, is to play Team Risk (2 players vs. 2 players) with full collusion between the team members (and you win as a team). That could be interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start your own thread, I like RISK!
Old 12-06-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, we have 3. I would like to do this with 3 or 4 people, so I imagine we could start soon. How do you guys want to handle the money issue? We could agree on rules once we are in the game.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:19 PM

Pstars transfer....for money issues...
Old 12-06-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pstars transfer....for money issues...

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have Party? I don't have a Pstars acount.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Start your own thread, I like RISK!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't looking for players, just another example of multi-player games with deal making potential, and one Risk version that would eliminate the problem.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:26 PM

Party is fine....

BTW U and Mel are needed for the game I just created