Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Chip suicide

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you could have runner runner hearts. This is not standard IMO, and is bad poker, this is a clear spot where you should wait for the turn where your equity edge is much higher to get your money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, there's absolutely no way I'm drawing dead.

If he holds A7 / AT with no heart (like he is), then most turns are a scare card for him, as it will likely be > a 7, but lower than an ace.

I think your thought process here is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant you could have runner runner OUTS, not hearts.

As for my thought process, why is it correct. If villain is 50% to win on flop, and you put him in, he is not making a mistake to call, if villain is 30% to win on turn (these numbers are close but not exact), and you donkbet all in on a heartless turn, villain would be making a mistake to call. We gain when our opponent makes a mistake, and lose when doesnt. How is my logic wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think villian is calling a lead for a pot-sized all-in bet on the turn if the turn bricks?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:59 PM

If he doesnt then we win the pot, which is good.

My main point, which you have yet to address, is that if villain has A10 or A7 with a heart, than pushing the flop is bad since villain will not be making a mistake and we profit from villain's mistakes. If villain isnt making a mistake, then we arent gaining EV.

If villain has A7 or A10 without a heart I dont see the difference between him calling an all in on the flop and him calling an all in on the turn, but if he will call a flop push and fold to a turn push then that impacts my analysis, but as I said earlier, I do not believe this is the case.

Please address my point about the EV merits of a flop push.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he doesnt then we win the pot, which is good.

My main point, which you have yet to address, is that if villain has A10 or A7 with a heart, than pushing the flop is bad since villain will not be making a mistake and we profit from villain's mistakes. If villain isnt making a mistake, then we arent gaining EV.

If villain has A7 or A10 without a heart I dont see the difference between him calling an all in on the flop and him calling an all in on the turn, but if he will call a flop push and fold to a turn push then that impacts my analysis, but as I said earlier, I do not believe this is the case.

Please address my point about the EV merits of a flop push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, it's +EV because we have fold equity.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:35 AM

Uh, and to state the obvious, he doesn't have AT/A7 with the heart every time. Just sucks when he happens to have this type of hand. So push.