Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: A shania post

That type of play makes poker FUN. Do any of you 16/8/3 guys actually have fun while playing online?

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 01:20 AM

I enjoy taking people's money that are there to "play for fun". So yes, I get my jollies.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:38 AM

Would how long you have been at a particular table, and who your opponents are affect your decision to make the play. For example, say you have been playing at a table for 2+ hours, and the oponents have been the same the entire time you have been at the table. Your image has not been one that makes loose, wild raises Pre-flop. At this time you are dealt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. How many of your opponents in this situation would realistically attribute this raise to your normal playing style? Would this play get them to change an opinion of you enough to make the play have benefit?
Old 11-05-2005, 01:47 AM

I definitely think that showing down that 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] once every 20,000 hands or so is going to do wonders for your table image.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:20 AM

Misclick...next
Old 11-05-2005, 02:32 AM

Having played at a table for a couple hours with a solid player, I likely still wouldn't have too many notes on them. I tend to note things that I think are poor about a player, so I rarely make notes that read "this guy plays well".

So, even after a couple hours of play, I probably don't have too much written about an otherwise good player. Then he suddenly shows down 64 for a raise in MP. My first thought is, hmmm, I'm surprised I haven't noticed this doofus before and make a note: raises 64 in MP. Then I probably start 3-betting the hell out of him.

That's just me. I don't watch every action of every player. I just note the exceptions. I suspect someone who played a bizarre raise like this might throw me off for a while.

-eric
Old 11-05-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely think that showing down that 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] once every 20,000 hands or so is going to do wonders for your table image.

[/ QUOTE ]

The above is a very good point. You're going to need more than just 1 particular hand for people to even notice. Otherwise, you're just senselessly losing money.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:23 PM

I got PT like, three days ago....

I'll be happy to after enought time has past for it to show up in my game...
Old 11-05-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The above is a very good point. You're going to need more than just 1 particular hand for people to even notice. Otherwise, you're just senselessly losing money.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder if 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] couldn't make money UTG if your opponents are observant and your UTG range is something like AA-TT, AK-AQ, AJs, KQs, and 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 11-05-2005, 05:56 PM

Anyone really paying attention to you is going to notice you fold 80% of the time.