Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: The importance of seat selection

So what you're basically saying is you can make most by raising the guy immediately to your right. Which supports the general money 'flow' principle of money going round the table to your left. The proportions are interesting. I think this means you want a loose (but not too loose otherwise people will reraise your isolating raises), player to your immediate right.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:44 AM

You results supports what Caro says and should be obvious from experience anyways. There are, of course, opponents with whom where you sit in relation is VERY important, and opponents where it's not so important. Again, obvious.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You results supports what Caro says and should be obvious from experience anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't care 'bout Caro or anyone's experience.
I just made a query that was requested from me without conclusions.

P.S. Everyone knows that position is important postflop - but not all know how much (how much equity add the position itself regardless your cards or board). Finding answer to this question will help along with some probability staff to formulate your basic strategy rules for PF play. And then the only thing you'll need is to use some "human-factor" indexes like in Blackjack.

The same thing with this question.

Obvious things must be measured to know how much they're important at all and to find out more solid strategy or just discarding them because of their non-importance.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:55 PM

Would you mind posting the actual query itself, so that the rest of us could see our stats too? Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:23 PM

Great stuff Peter. I'd like to think more about the results before posting my thoughts, but in the meantime, I'm interested in adding some more weight to the results.

Can you post the queries? Can anybody post a little primer here for running those queries in pokertracker? I've got 50,000 15/30 hands to contribute and some others were interested as well.

It might eventually be interesting to look at each position, and even more interesting would be to get some of the no limit guys to run similar queries and compare the results to the limit hands. Should provide some insight into just how MUCH more important position is in NL.

thanks,
Eric