Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Do you fall for temptation on some cards?

Like yesterday. I have a 39o in small blinds and fold. Flop shows 399. Another time I have low pocket pairs and I fold to PF raise. Flop gives me a set.

It's tempting to go in with low cards on the next hand but I don't (unless I can check my way in). My blood pressure reaches 200 whenever this happens.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Do you fall for temptation on some cards?

No, and you have a lot of misconceptions to remove from your understanding of poker before you should be playing at more than micro stakes.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:38 PM

You have to train yourself to fold these hands when these situations arise, unless the pot is big like for that small pp in late lets say and there was a pf raiser with like 6 people in you will get paid, other then that you should fold these, read the book "small stakes hold'em winning big with expert play". Another thing is you do not know what comes on the flop, so unless you feel you have some sort of chance, well I mean profitable not chance, you should go ahead and call such hands as small pp. But read that book.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:41 PM

Wow. Mr Perfect has showed up. God forbid I talk about anything that might slightly deviate from EV.

So what's it like being a robot who has no emotions at the poker table and just applies mathematical probabilities to his game? I want to be like you.

Are there any kiddie tables I can play at? I'm not worthy of micros. Maybe I'll just delete my PP and PS accounts.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:42 PM

Jesus. I've read the books 15 times. I know about pot odds, stats, and so on. I was just asking if anyone ever gets tempted. That's all. A little conversation.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:44 PM

You also have a tilt problem that will destroy your ability to succeed in this game and a personality problem that will lead to a life of lonliness and despair.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:46 PM

Speak for yourself. You're the one that attacked me. Sorry you're too insecure to have a little conversation about temptations and the randomness of poker.

I've read other posts and am amazed at the lack of civility against OPs. Just be nice. You're smart. You're beautiful. You're a winner. Act that way.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:48 PM

Well to answer your question, no, I do not get tempted, it would be a sin. You have to play like a robot lol.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Speak for yourself. You're the one that attacked me. Sorry you're too insecure to have a little conversation about temptations and the randomness of poker.

I've read other posts and am amazed at the lack of civility against OPs. Just be nice. You're smart. You're beautiful. You're a winner. Act that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

jason_t's response was hardly an attack. I think that was the general sentiment of everyone who read your post.

Sorry that your attempt to start conversation didn't work out so well. It usually won't.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt go that far. Have you seen how he responds to a bad beat? It can get pretty ugly.