Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Vegas-poker rates week of NCAA tourney?

I know this is a pipe dream, especially at this late stage. Barring any miracles, any reasonable rates that week? Every place so far is $350 a night or so...

Tired thread, I know, but the others weren't helpful, thanks for any input.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Vegas-poker rates week of NCAA tourney?

you waited too long to book anything and theres not a chance you'll get a poker room rate unless your playing 200/400 at the bellagio. Furthermore if you havent booked a room already you should do so my friend said there was a particular day that most hotels were sold out cant remember the date. GL!
Old 02-04-2005, 01:11 AM

The NCAA basketball tournament weekends are among the busiest of the year.

It may be necessar to book a room off the Strip.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:41 AM

Probably not an option, but the Hilton in Reno has poker tournaments during the first week of March Madness. Poker rates are $39 if you mention that you are planning to play in the tournaments.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:52 AM

I have a room for all but Tuesday night. I decided to get in a night early to get some good table time in before my friends get in the next day and we start drinking heavily. Is leaving my luggage at the desk and pulling an all-nighter an option? I can take the sleep deprivation, it's the desk I'm unsure about...
Old 02-04-2005, 07:15 AM

Default I don\'t think that it matters what stakes you play

I booked a room at the Mirage for March 16-18. Poker rate is $99 Wednesday and Thursday, $139 Friday. Requires 6 hours of play Wednesday and Thursday, 8 hours on Friday. This will be my 5th year making the NCAA pilgrimmage. I average 35 hours of poker during this trip since my wife stays home.

The crowds have grown larger with each passing year. Word of mouth among degenerate sports gamblers from across the nation combined with Las Vegas' growth as a spring break destination have made this a huge weekend. Last year was the first time that I had to endure significant wait times to get in games. I bet it may be worse this year.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a room for all but Tuesday night. I decided to get in a night early to get some good table time in before my friends get in the next day and we start drinking heavily. Is leaving my luggage at the desk and pulling an all-nighter an option? I can take the sleep deprivation, it's the desk I'm unsure about...

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, they won't even ask you when exactly you're checking in. Just give them the luggage, and they'll give you a tag.

My last trip, I checked my luggage at midnight and checked in the next day.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: I don\'t think that it matters what stakes you play

I tried to book a poker rate a Mirage for that Tuesday and Katherine said there were none available. I'm curious to see what your idea of a "significant" wait time is, though...
Old 02-04-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: I don\'t think that it matters what stakes you play

i usually waiting at least an hour at bay 101 to play 6/12, and im talking like any day, not "peak" days. i imagine this is the case at most cardrooms across the country.

rj