View Poll Results: No Draw Board
<35% 6 13.33%
35% - 45% 1 2.22%
45% - 55% 3 6.67%
55% - 65% 8 17.78%
65% + 27 60.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2004, 06:15 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Who does Osama really want to be President?

Old 10-30-2004, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Who does Osama really want to be President?

GWB,

I voted for GWB, which I think at the margins may be true, but the real answer is: (a) how should I know, (b) he likely doesn't know enough to care, and (c) why are we even asking. OBL wants attention and putting this out now is the best way for him to get it. Given the closeness of the election, his followers can now believe that he influenced the election regardless of who win on Tuesday. The best thing we can all do, regardless of whether we are Bush, Kerry, Nader, Libertarian, Green or other supporters is to vote how we would have voted and ignore this murderer.

Mind you, I do not think that it is illegitimate for Kery or Bush to argue, if they care to, that the OBL tape provides evidence that he should be elected over his opponent (because in the case of GWB OBL is still out there and in the case of Kerry because OBL has not been captured or killed by the administration). However, did anybody think that OBL might be dead? I don't think that the fact that he has surfaced now with his abhorrent propaganda tape should affect the way we were going to vote one way or the other.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:00 AM

Default cocaine snorting george of course

He let's Osma run around blowing things up. Bush hallucinates into thinking that Sadam is Osama.

Kerry would track Osama down and kill him.
Bush loves the bin Laden family.
He would mnver bite the hand that has fed the Bush family 1.5 billion dollars.
probably the reaal this is the rela October surprise:

Osama works for Bush.

Old 10-30-2004, 05:27 PM

That's an easy one. GWB and his policies in Iraq have been a unmitigated boon for OBL.

It provides the most effective recruiting tool since the Russian occupation of Afghanistan and provides a perfect training ground for his followers to hone their combat skills.

A destabilized Iraq will provide a base of operations for OBL's sympathizers for years to come. And the BS about taking the fight to the terrorists is an exercise in self-delusion. Yeah we kill off one in Iraq, and he's got three brothers, a sister and 100 cousins, who now have a personal reason to come at us. The sad fact is they can hit us anytime they want. And believe me it's not a comforting thought riding the subway to work each morning.

The amount of explosives unaccounted for in Iraq is in the order of a couple 100,000 tons, not the 350 tons everyone is making a big deal about. And who knows where this stuff is going to end up.

The offensive that we're gearing up for in Falluja is sure to wipe out a couple thousand Iraqi civilians while the civilian death toll is 18,000-28,000 and counting. Did Saddam kill 100,000 or more of his own people -- certainly. But the difference is now we're responsible for the civilian death toll, and every day that the images are broadcast on arabic t.v. just creates more arabs who want payback. This iraqi misadventure will likely foment Islamic fundamentalism for generations while creating a political vacuum in Iraq for at least as long.
The long range harm to United States interests could make the consequences of our Vietman policy look like a walk in the park.

I hope I'm wrong about all of this, and I hope GWB's Iraq policy proves to be a great success, but unfortunately it seems unlikely.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Bush Team touts OBL\'s \"little gift\"

From NYDailynews:

We want people to think 'terrorism' for the last four days," said a Bush-Cheney campaign official. "And anything that raises the issue in people's minds is good for us."

A senior GOP strategist added, "anything that makes people nervous about their personal safety helps Bush."

He called it "a little gift," saying it helps the President but doesn't guarantee his reelection.

The funny thing is Americans see through this crap, and realize that 8 marines dead with weapons that Bush left unguarded the day after his biggest failure appeared on TV to mock Bush, well that's not a good thing is it?

(see Fox polls, Kerry gained, Zogby Kerry ahead...)
Old 10-30-2004, 06:43 PM

The best part is GWB thought this poll was going to come out with Kerry being ahead.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:49 PM

Why are americans asking this question? Was on question time the other night as well, do you want to vote how bin laden votes or against it.

I suspect he will want bush, keeps his families influence in the white house and also I suspect bush will further destabalise the Middle east probably in a year to two years when he invades the next country on the list.

Noone really knows what Bin Ladens aims are and even if he is a real head of as huge a credible terrorist fighting force as has been made out and in relation to the fear both our governments suggest (a series on BBC at the moment suggests he isnt and that al quaida isnt really that big a threat).

I suspect whichever person gets in Bin Laden will be still sitting in luxary somewhere in one of the families homes in Saudi or Pakistan quite happy knowing that he can release a video that gets huge media attention and reinforces the terror much mre than any attack. At the end of the day his organisation have killed what 6-7,000 at most and yet are seen as the greatest threat to the western world ever, yes 9/11 was terrible madrid and bali as well but in the real scheme of the world the effect of the subsequesnt terror of nations is the real damage than the smaller (relatively) of the physical damage.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:56 PM

Default Not village-burning, atrocity committing Kerry?

[ QUOTE ]
Osama works for Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO at you.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:34 PM

I think it's significant that the liberals think Osama is more concerned with his recruiting power than with the chances he or his jihadists will get captured or killed.

I think that bin-Laden wants the US out of the Middle East (and thus Iraq too) since he has stated about as much several years ago, and that therefore he must prefer Kerry over Bush.

I'll also note that the liberal view on this seems rather appeasement and fear oriented, as if we ought to be be doing everything possible to "not make them mad at us". I guess you guys still don't get it: they're going to be "mad at us" no matter what we do, and more terrorists are going to be created regardless of how "nice" we are to them. We aren't dealing with rational people here: these are religious nutcases of such conviction and fanaticism that they truly make Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson look like liberal and open-minded by comparison.

Therefore, the best things we can do are:

1) eliminate as many Islamic terrorists as possible, and

2) deny al-Qaeda and related groups resources as much as possible, and

3) use a carrot-and-stick approach to encourage or coerce the reformation of Saudi and Pakistani religious schools, and

4) finish the job in Iraq by taking over Fallujah and thoroughly disarming it, and capturing or killing the terrorists and insurgents within; and see that democracy at least gets a chance to take hold in the Iraq.

I'll also note, as I've noted before, that Islamic terrorists aren't hydras: killing 1 does not automatically produce 3 more (or 100 more, lol) as some of you assert--with no evidence to back up your assertion.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:03 PM

Your reference to hydras is funny. I can't tell you how many million times I've heard a phrase along this line "if you kill 1, hundreds just grow back in their place." That should make for a great Simpsons episode.