Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:04 AM

Default 20/40 online hand

I've played exactly zero hands in two orbits since I sat down.
I pick up AhQh UTG and raise. MP guy cold calls, button, a LAGGY player 3-bets. We both call.

Flop is Qs 7h 4c

I check, MP checks, button bets, I raise, MP folds button 3-bets and I just call.

Turn is 5h. I check-call.

River is 9d. I check-call.

Michael
Old 12-06-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: 20/40 online hand

perfect. There is no way I fold TPTK to a LAG and without a maniac read I think this is the right amount of bets going in giving the preflop and flop action.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:53 AM

4bet preflop
4bet flop
Old 12-06-2005, 09:49 AM

It doesn't look like you thought he was so laggy that his 3-bets were out of line. If that's the case then it looks fine to me. Otherwise I make it 4-bets preflop.

Same thing applies post flop. It looks like you thought he could raise with TT and would keep driving at it but giving him more action would make him get away from the hand. Or did you think he had a perfectly legit hand? If I don't raise anywhere, I would donk the turn or river planning on calling any raise depending on the player.

- Jim
Old 12-06-2005, 09:57 AM

that's exactly the reason i don't think it's perfect. it requires more than a two orbit read to know whether this guy autobets every street, no? since we're OOP, i'd try to take the initiative somewhere.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:13 AM

But where would you take the initiative?
Check-raise the turn? Maybe he folds with a hand that he had bluffed otherwise. Or maybe he 3-bets, what then?
Donk-bet somewhere? Maybe he folds while otherwise he would have bluffed.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:55 AM

I think capping preflop out of position with AQ is awful.

If I think I'm ahead on the flop, I think that calling the 3-bet and check-raising the turn is much better than capping the flop. With the board, I think it's very unlikely that the button would check behind me on the turn.

I considered check-raising the turn, but I didn't, as I figured that the button either reraises me (in which case I'm gonna make two crying calls) or mucks his bluff.

I kinda like the idea of donking the river. The pot pretty big at this point, though, so I figure a bluff bet by the button is almost automatic if I check.

I'm still not sure if I was too cautious here. I just feel like getting after getting 3-bet twice in row, my TPTK shrinks up a little, and it is probably prudent to take my foot of the gas a little bit.

Thanks,

Michael