Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Are you a potential rapist?

One night at a party I was really drunk and went into a bedroom to pass out. Next thing I know, this chick I had fooled around with a couple of times before is in there with me. We start kissing and I take her pants and underwear off. I asked her if I could bang her and she said no (we hadn't ever had sex before but had come close), but I went ahead and stuck it in her anyway.

She didn't tell me to stop and didn't try to physically resist, so I banged her until completion. After that I passed out. She never said anything to me about it the next day or any time after that, and we even fooled around a few times after. Was it rape?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Murder is probably the MOST correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not 100% sure what you are saying.

IM not saying that, in a world without society murder wouldnt happen. It would.

But, it seems that you are implying that without these societies we would me rampant with murder. And this is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, ok. This isn't quite what I mean. I am simply saying that without an implanted code of conduct, your natural instincts would not be overridden by "moral" compliance or "fear" of punishment. You would quite naturally behave like an animal when facing an enemy or potential mate.

My use of the word "murder" is not to imply senseless killing, but that we would likely fight to the death (or serious injury) for food, mates, and territory.

What did you think that primortial rage that boils up when Nancy Grace speaks was meant for? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, ok. This isn't quite what I mean. I am simply saying that without an implanted code of conduct, your natural instincts would not be overridden by "moral" compliance or "fear" of punishment. You would quite naturally behave like an animal when facing an enemy or potential mate.

My use of the word "murder" is not to imply senseless killing, but that we would likely fight to the death (or serious injury) for food, mates, and territory.

What did you think that primortial rage that boils up when Nancy Grace speaks was meant for? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH.. Ok. I see what you mean now, but I still think it is exagerated.

A) A significant number of murders are precipitated by society

B) Weaponry is a product of society

C) Human mating is natually (I believe, though I forget this stuff) semi-monogomous with some dipping into polygyny, and this doesnt bring the type of murders that you might find in other species.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was it rape?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It was fantasy. You had passed out.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C) Human mating is natually (I believe, though I forget this stuff) semi-monogomous with some dipping into polygyny, and this doesnt bring the type of murders that you might find in other species.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying, but I think you are mistaken about humans being naturally manogomous. I'm sure you've found yourself attracted to more than one woman in your lifetime, and would assume even at times when you were "with" another.

I personally believe that without societies' instilled moral guidelines, you wouldn't hesitate for a second to mate with more than one woman, and at the same time be quick to stop anyone else from trying to do the same.

As far as weaponry goes, they definately make for a more efficient means of killing someone, but it is not that difficult to beat someone to death if that is your intent. After a couple of well placed stomps or smashes with a large or sharp rock, you should really only need no more than a few minutes IMO.

A significant number of murders are precipitated by society

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, but this is a with morals and laws. Imagine what it would be like without them.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying, but I think you are mistaken about humans being naturally manogomous. I'm sure you've found yourself attracted to more than one woman in your lifetime, and would assume even at times when you were "with" another.

I personally believe that without societies' instilled moral guidelines, you wouldn't hesitate for a second to mate with more than one woman, and at the same time be quick to stop anyone else from trying to do the same.

As far as weaponry goes, they definately make for a more efficient means of killing someone, but it is not that difficult to beat someone to death if that is your intent. After a couple of well placed stomps or smashes with a large or sharp rock, you should really only need no more than a few minutes IMO.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, but this is a with morals and laws. Imagine what it would be like without them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If murdering each other at will were natural, we would never have had societies. We'd be too busy killing each other.

~D
Old 06-07-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said monogomous. I said semi-monogamous.

But, you are wrong about how much mating would occur in a world without society.

There are many ways to study these things. One of the most popular is to look at ejaculate.

Side example: In wolves the male wolf's penis will accutally get stuck within the female's vagina after mating. This prevents other wolves from coming in and mating with that female while she is still 'ready to rock', and stealing his thunder, so to speak.

In the primates, this is accomplished my the amount of sperm per ejaculate. The more sperm the male lets rip, the more likely his sperm is to get the female pregnant (keeping in mind this is a vs thing, as in there are multiple mates)

Looking at this:

You will see we are closest to the orangutan.

Orangutans arent walking around killing each other at the rate we are. Why?...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without society there is no money. Without money there is no social hierarchy.

Also, without society there is no communication (as it is impossible to pass on)

Think of how difficult it would be to be brought to the point of murdering someone in a situation like this. When everyone's goal is simply to survive, the murder rate would DRASTICALLY decrease.

This can be seen simply by watching the other primates.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:22 AM

I just want to know what electroejaculation is and where I can get one.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:29 AM

Ditto.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:51 AM

way to pick up on a hot, hot topic that's burning up college campuses

...in 1993!!!! - LOL

read the time stamp of the post he talked about - this is some weirdo from 12 years ago....I read about it in books from 5 years ago or so.

could you be any more irrelevant?

RB