Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Ok, my turn to ask for medical\"ish\" advice...

I have a strange condition where my body becomes sore (almost entirely on the right side) very easily. The best way I can describe it is that my body likes to "overreact" to anything bad that happens to it.

If I smoke something, my right lung and chest gets really stiff and sore for over a week following. So bad I can't even sleep properly. That's just from one toke, not even holding it in or anything. So, obviously, I don't get to smoke anything very often.

Likewise, if I have a coffee my stomache and bladder go into absolute fits.

If I wake up a little earlier than normal (even just a little) my bowels feel like I just ate the entire McDonalds menu, and a few coffees.

All the bones on the right side of my body snap all the time and get sore. I go to bed with very sore muscles and joints every night.

Doctors have ruled out just about everything they can think of with ultrasounds, x-rays, etc. It's not arthritis. It's not visible inflammation.

The mystery problem...

Anyone else have anything similar, and any advice on what it might be? Particularly the chest/smoking thing bothers me... and it's not asthma -- tested for that.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Ok, my turn to ask for medical\"ish\" advice...

I'm no doctor, but not smoking seems like a fantastic idea.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:55 PM

No experience with the soreness, etc, but the coffee and sleep/stomach issues are very familiar to me. I am lactose intolerant and have IBS and my stomach/digestive system was absolutely crazy before I finally addressed my issues. Coffee was the worst offender, but dairy and alcohol are very harsh on the tract as well. Drink lots of water (not ice-cold, room temperature is much better), quit coffee (even decaf, because it's not the caffeine), and limit dairy and alcohol. Helped me a lot.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:59 PM

Yep. Unfortunately that only prevents the symptoms... I'd really like to know why I have this reaction and these problems at the root of it all.

I have to avoid smokey buildings too. Same reaction.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:04 PM

If the doctors (plural) don't know wtf is up with you I seriously doubt we have much of a chance of figuring out your ailment.

Swede
Old 08-26-2005, 09:34 PM

Yeah it's a long shot isn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I was just hoping somebody might have had similar experiences, such as Slim did above.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:06 PM

The first thing I thought was reactive arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis, but it sounds like they worked you up for these.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:08 PM

body-snap syndrome or lopsidedness

you will live to be very old but you are a little quirky. Probably should cut it out with the smoking thingy. I would hug you if you were here
Old 08-26-2005, 10:11 PM

When I had my old job at Gold's Gym I had to be there Saturday and Sunday at 6:45 AM to open up. Every Saturday and Sunday that I was there I had really bad stomach problems. I would crap like 4-5 times during my 8 hour shift. Sometimes barely anything would come out, and the next time a bucketload. Sometimes I thought I had to crap but I would just sit there and nothing would come out. This happened every weekend so far. I never got more than 5 hours of sleep before work and so I figure that's where to problems stemmed from.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:21 PM

thank you for sharing that with us