Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 11:38 PM

Default a very good run tonight....does anyone want to review my HH?

If anyone wants to analyze, review, and critique my session I played tonight...
Overall, I want to see if there are some leaks in my game. Are there any mistakes that I make consistently? Are there any large but infrequent mistakes?

PT separated them into limits, .10/.20 and .25/.50. Around 222 hands in all.<ul type="square">[*] .10/.20 100 hands[*] .25/.50 122 hands[/list]I don't mind reviewing other people's hands, too. Just PM me.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: a very good run tonight....does anyone want to review my HH?

no bites?
Old 11-04-2005, 12:15 AM

Dude you just posted 200 hands how many minutes ago?
All I could tell was that you talk a lot and you flop sets well.
No seriously, the hands I saw were ok, but I only looked thru the 1st 25 or so.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:19 AM

over 600 posts and you are not yet at .5/1? How come - just wondering......
Old 11-04-2005, 12:23 AM

You need to bet this turn. It is a very coordinated board, and if the same flop aggressor raises, you can force out those behind and trap the other fish in the middle, just like the flop.

-----------------------------------
Hand #1067686250
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks
Old 11-04-2005, 12:41 AM

Ok, here goes....Looks solid for the most part. I am just going to take a shot at some hands that stood out to me.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.35.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>,

As passive as this table is I think you can limp in with speculative hands like this. Especially given a poster and a limper behind you. Very good chance of a big multiway pot here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls

I would fold this getting 6.5:1. You have a gutshot which is likely to split the pot and an overcard which puts 4 to a straight on board.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Bet the turn. Second jack makes is more likely that you have the best hand. A very high percentage of the time your opponents will both be on draws here or hold lower pairs. Even if a jack is out there, getting check-raised doesn't suck too badly because you have 10 outs to improve.

------------------------------------------------------------

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

I don't understand the raise here. You have a gutshot and a backdoor flush draw but as of now you just have Ace high. Your raise risks eliminating players, when you want them around for when you hit your draw.

I only looked at the .25/.5 and I kind of just skimmed through it so I may have missed something.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:46 AM

Thanks for all of the replies guys! It means a lot. I'll check back tomorrow - i've got class at 10 and need my beauty sleep. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

(man I hit a lot of sets tonight!)
Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 AM

Nice post - I agree with everything.
Also, the PF coldcall in that last hand is atrocious.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:59 AM

Fold the ATs hand.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the ATs hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to reply to such a stale thread, but I had to reply to your posts. About the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hand...

SSH says you can cold call ATs+ in EP against a raise at a loose table. This was a very loose table. They were raising with sh*t and showing down the same.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

I've got a gutshot to the nuts (3.5 outs) BDflush (1.5) over card (1) I've got 6 outs, I need 7:1 to call I'm getting 13:1, that's what the raise was for, to protect my hand (there is a good quiz in SSE when we have an overcard (or two..i forget), gutshot draw, and BD flush draw. Miller recommneds that we 3 bet with that hand for value on the flop. We have Ace-high and he recommends a 3bet! Check out the quiz.) Admittedly, UTG's flop 3-bet is ugly...

Turn: (13.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (17.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero folds, Button folds, UTG calls.

obviously I fold to the bet and raise here.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

The comments about the other hands are well taken. Often I had FPS and wanted to C/R the flop aggressor on the turn, but failed.

The A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hand above was a misclick - I was playing two limits at the same time and didn't realize I didn't have the pot odds. I hit lucky though!

About the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand, I think a call UTG with a hand like this is really pushing the envelope. I'd love to see this hand from LP so I can raise the field if I hit the flop well. Also I get to see the action before me on the flop. Plus, it might cost me more than 1 bet to see the flop - me no like.